Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

Intel i3-8100 having fps drops

TimTheBeastNL
Beginner

my intel i3-8100 is having massive fps drops and high CPU usage when I'm gaming. I also have a GPU so its not only my  CPU I use for gaming. does anyone have a fix for the fps drops?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello TimTheBeastNL,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• Which games are having the issue?
  • Was there any driver/OS update before the issue started?
  • How are you measuring the drop in FPS?

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
TimTheBeastNL
Beginner

hi, I have an issue with Minecraft, Valorant, and Fortnite. I think it was since a driver update. And I know the FPS drops because they go to 0 and my game is frozen on 1 frame for more than 3 seconds. I also have high input delay And when I'm not doing anything i have high CPU usage.

0 Kudos
Lockit
Beginner

If you really are at a loss and your system is giving you that many issues, my go to is always a system refresh. Just makesure you have everything you want saved on an external device before a system reset. Ive spent countless hours/days dealing with glitchy computers and if all they are being used for is gaming and browsing, a fresh install every now and again never fails to bring the system back to new and snappy!

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

I appreciate the information.

I would like to investigate further about this, please provide the following information:

• If you roll back to the previous driver version, does the issue disappear?
  • Do you have the latest updates/patches of these games installed?

Download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
ZeeshanIlyas
Beginner

Your PC games are powered by it and your graphics card. This Intel CPU has four cores and four threads, and its clock speed is 3.6 GHz. PCGameBenchmark rates processors by measuring how many of the top 1,000 PC games they can run. This Intel CPU can run 849 out of the top 1000 games, giving it an 84% rating.

0 Kudos