Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
380 Discussions

Rainbow Six Siege on Iris Xe bad performance and crashing

Vxral
Beginner

I have tried running r6s on iris xe 1135g7, 8gb ddr4 ram 3200mhz single channel, and at 720p lowest everything, 100% render scaling anti alising set at off 72fov is causing fps to be around 62, but continuously drops to like 45 on explosions, outside buildings it is typically around 50fps, and this performance is simply too bad for a game of such, can crash often too, running on vulkan, same story with directx, but directx feels a lil more laggy at same frame rates but seems to be crashing less, i have seen that game ready drivers are being distributed for some games for beta dch drivers for 7th-12th gen processors (i am not mistaking with arc drivers btw), can something like this be done for siege too, it is disappointing to see that 2018 intel drivers from the 24.100..... drivers seem to be much more reliable relating crashes, freezing and inconsistency which i tried in intel hd 620 and 520.

btw the iris xe drivers i have occured this problem is the first ever driver to work with iris xe which is 27.something, one of the newer ones, 30.101.1191, and all the other newer ones ever since that, including the latest, 30.101.1994, i have attempted trying dch and oem drivers, no difference was seen, so i would love to see a bit more optimization so i could at least play 1366x768 100 render scaling, which is scaling at the set screen resolution of the game and anti alising set to off, at a consistent 60fps.

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Vxral
Beginner
just some stuff i noticed, siege has a minor update like every couple of days relating game balance changes and etc, im not sure it could be the cause, also the crash behavior is super unexpected and it usually happens after playing the game for quite a while without reinstalling, i tried different drives and ssds, no solution, even verifying files doesnt help, only reinstalling it, the crash typically happens after a month of daily play, but can happen earlier, i deleted the game, after reinstalling, whenever it crashes, ill go check crash report and send it if i can find it
0 Kudos
Vxral
Beginner

I have some more info on the crash, this is what event viewer shows for the crash

Vxral_0-1660053585431.pngVxral_1-1660053609673.png

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Vxral, 

Thanks for your patience. We have tried to replicate this issue, however, we were unable to get the same results, but we are constantly looking to improve performance on this game as it is on our Top list of games to look out for.

At this point I recommend you to try the latest driver version "31.0.101.3222 and 31.0.101.2111":

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Vxral,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Vxral,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate in contacting us. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos