Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
359 Discussions

Total War Warhammer 3 crashing on Intel Core i7 with Intel Iris Xe Graphics

mmogog
Beginner

Hello,

I have bought a brand new laptop with Intel Core i7 and Intel Iris Xe Graphics. When I try to run total war warhammer 3 and load a battle, the game crashes with no message. 

I have tried contacting SEGA and they told me to do a clean install of the driver, but the clean install is not possible because the drivers page only has DHC drivers, which the clean install support page says the user should not use for a clean install because it bypasses computer manufacturer settings.

Both windows and intel programs say my drivers are up to date.

Is there any solution for this?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

mmogog, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the laptop?

When did you purchase it? (For Warranty Purposes)

Were you able to play "total war warhammer 3" without problems on this specific machine before?

If yes, when did the issue start? 

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
mmogog
Beginner

The model of the laptop is ASUS VivoBook 15 X513E.

I purchased it September 8, 2022.

I was not able to play it before. To be more specific, the crash only happens in the "battle" portion of the game, not in the "campaign" portion of the game.

Issue started as soon as I bought it and installed the game.

I did not make any hardware changes at all. No software changes except installing Chrome, Steam and other normal, unrelated software like that.

I am using Windows 11.

My home and work environment are one and the same.

Please find attached the SSU file as requested.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi mmogog, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report. 

For this scenario, especially if the problem happens with just one game, we recommend to verify the game requirements to make sure your system complies with them. Keep in mind that the performance will depend on the game specifications and your whole hardware configuration. Games are usually GPU intensive, so you may require a dedicated graphics card compatible with your system when using a desktop computer.

Accroding to the details shown in the SSU document, the graphics driver currently installed on your computer is 31.0.101.3413, which is the latest one provided by Intel®:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html?

The Intel® graphics drivers are generic. For that reason, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked on ASUS website and the latest graphics driver version they have available is V30.0.100.9929, which was just released a couple of days ago. Please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

https://www.asus.com/IN/supportonly/X513EA/HelpDesk_Download/

In the next link, you will find "Game Troubleshooting for Intel® Graphics Products" in order to verify the suggestions in there:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005746/graphics.html

We also recommend to get in contact directly with ASUS support to confirm that the latest BIOS version is currently installed in your device or to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://www.asus.com/support/

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
mmogog
Beginner

Hello,

I have tried this driver as well and the game continues to crash in battles. I will contact Asus as well, but it does not seem a problem related to the laptop, only to the video card, since I can run the game but not the battles which are graphic intensive. I bought this product because the game says it is playable with Iris Xe Graphics. I await a solution to my issue.
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello mmogog, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

We are sorry to hear the game continues to crash in battles after installing the graphics driver recommended above. We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates, I will post all details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
mmogog
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to add to this topic that I have tried to play 2 other games on my laptop just now and they are not running either. One of them (Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2) crashes when a battle is loading and the other (Dune: Spice Wars) loads but only UI is visible, the map the game is played on is all gray or checkerborded and invisible.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello mmogog, I just received an update on this matter.

If the issue persists after the clean install of Intel® and ASUS graphics drivers, we just wanted to confirm:

Do you use any game mods?

Did you try to reinstall the game?

Do you have the option to provide a video example of the "crashing" so we can verify more details about it?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
mmogog
Beginner

Hello,

I don't use any mods. I did try to reinstall the game. It is also happening with other two games I tested. They are Gothic Armada 2 and Dune: Spice Wars.

I attached a video of the crash.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

mmogog, Thank you very much for confirming that information.

We will continue with our research on this matter, as soon as I get any reports I will post all of them on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello mmogog, I just received an update on this matter.

We can verify in our database that you already have a case number created related to this same issue. Please keep checking that case since all the updates will be posted there.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos