Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
361 Discussions

intel iris Xe MAX graphics crashes on games like Valorant, CSGO, halo infinite with low settings

Luxray
Beginner

Newly bought a laptop with 11th Gen Intel i7-1165G7@2.80GHz processor, 16 GB RAM, and intel iris Xe MAX graphic driver with 4 GB dedicated video memory crashes after a while on game start-up. I have tried each on Valorant, CSGO, and halo infinite with the lowest fps and graphic settings. Is it the laptop that really does not support the games or there is a problem with the new graphic driver? 

I have the latest version of the graphic driver and tried clean reinstalling the driver but still does not work. I really hope someone could help me with this.

Below attached is the SSU file. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Luxray,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• When the games crash, do you receive any error message or BSOD? If there is any error message/BSOD, please provide a screenshot/picture of it.
  • By any chance, have you tried with the recommended graphics driver version 30.0.100.9955 provided by Asus? https://www.asus.com/US/supportonly/TP470EZ/HelpDesk_Download/

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Luxray
Beginner

Hi, thank you for responding!

For Valorant, this error message will show up, and sometimes BSOD with stop code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE will appear too. For CSGO and halo infinite, there is no error message/BSOD rather, it will just freeze or force closed.

Luxray_0-1663154136758.png

and yes, I have tried the 30.0.100.9955 version of the graphic driver but still the same. 

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for the information.

By any chance, do you see any error code if you go to Device Manager > Display adapter > Intel® Iris® Xe MAX Graphics (or Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics)?

As well, please run a test using the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/19792/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html?) and let us know the test results.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Luxray
Beginner

Hi, sorry for the late response.

There is no error code that appears on both display adapters on the device status and here is the test result on IPDT.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for the information provided.

I am going to work on this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Luxray,

Please provide the following information:

• Have you tried loading BIOS default settings?
  • Was there any change before the issue started?
  • Have you tried a clean installation of the operating system?
  • By any chance, have you tested any other GPU intensive applications (non-games) and check if the issue persists?
  • Have you noticed any high CPU temperatures lately?
  • Have you tried reinstalling the games with the latest updates/patches?

For testing purposes, please try disabling the Iris® Xe MAX Graphics and use only Iris® Xe Graphics (and vice-versa), and check if the BSOD occurs as well.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Luxray
Beginner

Hi!

It's surprisingly working without any issue when disabling 1 of the graphic drivers, but when disabling the Iris® Xe Graphics driver and using only the Iris® Xe MAX Graphics, the game became extremely laggy. Are there any consequences for always disabling the driver? and should I wait until a fix update?

I have tried on adobe premiere before, and there's no problem at all with the 2 drivers being enabled.

Also, when launching the game with 2 drivers enabled, the CPU performance is at 100% almost all the time before the game crashes while both GPUs performance are at 0% almost all the time.

Thank you for your great responses!

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

I appreciate all the information provided.

In order to give you an accurate response, I will need to investigate further on this. Before I do so, please confirm the following information:

• Have you tried loading the BIOS default settings? You can access the BIOS by pressing the F2 key during POST.
  • Are you able to try a clean installation of the OS, if possible?
  • Besides verifying the CPU usage percentage, have you tried measuring the temperatures using a third party software?
  • Please make sure and confirm there are no pending updates for any game.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Luxray
Beginner

Hi, sorry for the late response.

for these questions,

• Have you tried loading the BIOS default settings? You can access the BIOS by pressing the F2 key during POST.
    Yes, and I never make any changes to the settings
  • Are you able to try a clean installation of the OS, if possible?
    I have tried reinstalling it but the result is still the same
  • Besides verifying the CPU usage percentage, have you tried measuring the temperatures using third-party software?
    The only strange thing is that 0% utilization of Iris® Xe MAX Graphics has a temperature above 50 post-launching the apps.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

I appreciate the information provided.

Could you please confirm if all games are updated and also if there was any change before this issue started to happen? Any hardware upgrade or any driver/OS update?

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Luxray
Beginner
Hi

All the games are updated to the latest version, there is no changes before the issue started, and no hardware or OS/driver update.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

We are going to work on this issue. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Luxray,

After several testings, we have been unable to reproduce the issue and thus the issue seems to point towards a hardware issue. Our best recommendation is to contact the OEM for support/warranty options.

Contact OEM: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html?tab=system-manufacturers

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos