Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

İntel uhd 630 driver update

rersi
Beginner

ı formated to my laptop then ı load intel uhd630 driver from my oem web sites. then ı update from device manager to version 26.20.100.7528 date 13.11.2019. after that my ıntel driver support assist warned me to update driver to 7985 date 25.03.2020. when ı dowload ı get error (the driver being installed is not validated for this computer). I watched some videos from internet and ı updates manuelly from device manager by zip file. but when ı check from device manager it says to to me you have update and it loads to previous driver again.

is that correct driver for my pc

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29465/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

and why ı get this error (the driver being installed is not validated for this computer) when ı try to load igfx_win10_100.7985

and last question there is no version like 26.20.100.7528 at Other Versions list

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You loaded the driver from your laptop vendor's site -- which is the right thing to do -- but then overwrote it with generic driver from Intel -- which is wrong thing to do unless laptop vendor says this is ok.

Also, for laptops -- especially those with dual graphics -- do not use Intel Driver and Support Assistant. Use the similar tool provided by your laptop vendor.

...S

0 Kudos
rersi
Beginner

thanks for your reply

but there is a problem like that. ı formet my pc than ı load everything from my laptop vendor after that ı started windows update. and windows automaticly updated my uhd driver without my permission. after all that ı load intel supoort assist it said to me you have still update for your uhd 630 but ı didnt update yet.

ıf ı summary

my laptop vendor version 26.20.100.6911

windows update version 26.20.100.7528. now ı am using this one

intel support assist 26.20.100.7985.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If Windows Update is updating the driver, then your laptop vendor must have submitted this driver to Microsoft, so it is ok if this happens. It is NOT ok for you to be installing any versions of the driver from the Intel site, however; never do this unless your laptop vendor says it is ok to do so.

Now, if the version installed via Windows Update is having a problem, you need to be talking to your laptop vendor. Because they have a modified driver, only they can produce updated versions for your laptop.

Just to reiterate, for this laptop, you should NOT use intel Driver and Support Assistant.

...S

0 Kudos