Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

請問Win10 2015LTSB版本是否有支援第八代或之後的處理器內顯驅動程式?謝謝!

User1575627641851769

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Are you asking whether the Windows 10 2015 LTSB installation image contains support for the 8th gen Intel HD Graphics driver? No, it does not; Windows 2015 LTSB was released two years before the 8th gen processors were released. Updated drivers shoule be available via Windows Update, however.

Are you asking if the latest available Intel HD Graphics driver release supports the Windows 10 2015 LTSB release, I believe that the answer is also No. I believe that Intel is supporting only three versions back from the present. Since we are at 19H2, this means that 18H1 would be the last release supported.

If you are asking whether the Windows 10 LTSB release can be installed on to an 8th gen processor, the answer is Yes, it can.

Hope this helps,

....S

0 Kudos
User1575627641851769

Hi n.scott.pearson:

Thank you for your anwser.

I know that according to the life cycle provided by Microsoft, the Windows 10 2015 LTSB should be supported until October 14, 2025,

So should Microsoft let the 2015 LTSB support these hardware within the deadline

​Or is there another explanation?

This is my opinion.

Thank you a lot.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, of course I have an explanation. Microsoft will support the O/S, but it is up to the hardware vendors to support the hardware. Intel is supporting their hardware (processor and chipset) for roughly 6 years, but their driver support and validation, as I said, slides with the updated versions of Windows 10 being released. This means that, once three Windows 10 updates had been released, the LTSB version fell out of support.

Now, this is my understanding and interpretation of what has happened; we really need a proper answer from Intel. Perhaps one of the Customer Support Engineers can step in here?

...S

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello all,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding your inquiries, it is worth mentioning that Intel® currently supports Graphics drivers for Windows 10 starting with version 1709 (build 16299 a.k.a RS3) so it is a bit more than just 3 versions back.

To my understanding, it seems that Microsoft® is updating Windows 10 LTSC to version 1809 (build 17763)* so most customers may be able to catch up and get support for our latest DCH drivers. We recommend confirming this information with Microsoft® support.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos