Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

1/2 inch Vertical white bar on right side of laptop screen.

CharlieK
Beginner

Windows 7 operating system

HP laptop with 1360 x 768 max resolution. I have a 1/2 white vertical bar down the right side of the screen. The bar is visible all the time yet it is responsive underneath, See image 1. IE: I can click the icons under it. So basically the screen has a white filter that I can not remove. (a visually dead 1/2 in vertical bar)

verticalbar.jpg

I hope I explained the situation so you can see my issue.

What I want to do is to adjust the 1360 x 768 to 1300(or there abouts) x 768. This will allow me to see the entire window. see image 2.
verticalbar2.jpg

So how can I adjust this? Your advice please.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

In order laptops, this is an indication of a problem with the display. You can use the Intel Graphics Command Center (or the Intel Graphics Control Panel if you have older hardware/drivers) to adjust the image to display in the working portion of the display. Follow these steps:

1. Open Intel Graphics Command Center using the Windows Start Menu entry.
  2. Click on the Display icon in the left-hand bar.
  3. Change the Scale setting from Maintain Aspect Ratio to Custom. A Custom Scaling window should open.
  4. Use the horizontal and vertical sliders to adjust your image until it isn't hidden by the white bar. Note that this means leaving an area unused on the left-hand side as well.
  5. Close the tool when complete.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos