Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

15.40.44.5107 unstable for me on 1909

SJack2
New Contributor II

System becomes unresponsive until driver is rolled back to WU inbox driver.

0 Kudos
29 Replies
BBach4
Novice
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SJack2,

Thank you for replying to the private message we sent you. We will provide an update on this issue as soon as possible.

BBach4, 

We will provide further assistance on the other thread.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
SJack2
New Contributor II

@WannerG_Intel​ please check inbox for video.

0 Kudos
JBoot9
Beginner

I have created account specifically to supply this info.

Am responding in this thread as I don't have any gathered information, from having this latest driver installed.

I am not in IT, just an enthusiast, who uses my home-built system as an HTPC.

It is a basic setup, utilising igfx: no add-on graphics card.

After using Intel Driver & Support Assistant to upgrade to latest HD4600 drivers, I found Mediaportal would crash/restart everytime I attempted to playback H.264 *.ts files, from recording DVB-T tuner card.

Using MPC-HC, the files would playback audio, but no video.

Using VLC player, the files would playback video, but no audio.

After manually reverting to HD4600 drivers -version: win64_15.40.42.5063.exe- my system operates as normal.

I nave attached the basic 'System Information' screenshot for reference.

Hope this helps.

If anyone requires further files, etc. to assist with bug-resolving, I may be interested in reverting system back, temporarily, depending on what is asked for. You may have to run through -dummies-style- what is needed, though.

0 Kudos
SJack2
New Contributor II

Thanks. I haven’t done any specific testing with this driver on HD4600 but I could given your specific diagnosis. Hope to explore something in due course.

0 Kudos
JBoot9
Beginner

Disregard the VLC statement; I have since discovered the no audio still exists, so may be an issue with player config. As I don't use it as my default player, am unsure relevance.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello SJack2,

Thank you for providing more information about what you have done so far.

Your request was reviewed by different teams and the recommendation is that you contact your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to request a customized driver.

Regards,

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
SJack2
New Contributor II

Pity I can't downvote.

That's basically saying I need new graphics hardware on GT1 or run outdated drivers. Possibly also on GT2 hardware if the comments from @JBoot9​ are verified (have not had chance to test yet). You're basically killing stuff via obsolescence.

These are desktop CPUs you're writing off, not custom mobile GPUs in laptops - but I guess you **are** writing them off.

MSI won't update these drivers, the last one they posted was 10.18.15.4240 in 2015.

You've broken something in this build, I hope this isn't broken going forward - we can only use 5063 until WU installs over them.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello @SJack2​ and all,

I was able to reproduce this issue given the latest update you provided to us (i.e. use only GT1 hardware).

I made a similar reply on this other thread and will be providing updates and news on the aforementioned thread as they become available.

I'm closing this one to avoid any duplication.

Thank you for your time and effort reporting this issue to us.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos