Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

15.40.4473 - Vulkan on Intel Celeron N3150

neblaz
Beginner

Hi,

as Intel Customer Support told me, I should install that driver, as it should work with that CPU. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, with Intel Celelron N3150.

I installed the 4473 driver as suggested, afterwards I installed the VulkanRT-Installer.exe from within the driverpackage folder "Graphics".

The "Vulkan Run Time Libraries 1.0.8.0" can be found in Control Panel / Programs and Festures.

When executing vulkaninfo.exe from the installation folder of Vulkan RT (C:\Program Files (x86)\VulkanRT\1.0.8.0), I get an error, see attached screenshot.

I believe that something isn't installed correctly, or did I miss something regarding the installation?

Cheers
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Michael_C_Intel2
Employee

Hi,

The Vulkan drivers we provide currently only support  6th Generation Intel® Core™ and related processors. So Vulkan is not enabled on the Celeron N3150.

-Michael 

0 Kudos
neblaz
Beginner

Thanks Michael,

but will the Vulkan driver be available also for the Braswell processors, like the N3150?

That would be very awsome! I would like to experiment with it, take one of those SDK (LunarG for example), and try some coding.

I have to decide if I shall keep that ASRock NUC BeeBox N3150, or choose another one, which supports Vulkan.

See also https://communities.intel.com/thread/104587

And here is what the Intel Customer Support said:

"The Vulkan drivers do not specifically say it supports your processor but Braswell Celeron processors do support our latest driver for 6th/5th and 4th generation processor, so the possibilities of installing our Vulkan drivers is high.

If you install the latest Vulkan driver you should be able to use applications which were developed with Vulkan SDK's and API. And also allows you to develop new software based on Vulkan API."

Cheers

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel2
Employee

Hi,

I am not sure when we will add support to Braswell or other SKUs. Hopefully later this year, but those plans are not final yet. Thanks for telling me what Intel Customer Support told you. I will go talk with them to ensure they are providing the correct info. 

-Michael 

0 Kudos