Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

2 ultra wide monitors with Intel 520 HD

MilenMax
Beginner

Hi everyone!

I have a company provided Lenovo T460 with Intel 520 HD and Core-i5 6300U CPU. I decided to purchase 2 ultra wide monitors and a dock for the laptop for more screen space at home. Both monitors are LG 25UM58 with a recommended resolution of 2560x1080 and they only have 2 HDMI ports each. The first monitor is connected to the dock's DVI port with a HDMI to DVI adapter and is working with the optimal settings. The second one is connected directly to the laptop's mini display port with a cable which has HDMI on one end and mini DP on the other. The monitor is refusing to run with the optimal settings no matter what I try. Best I can get is 1920x1080, 60hz. When I try the recommended ultra wide resolution, the monitor says "Out of range" which is quite strange. Can someone please help me understand where the limit is? Is the the GPU, the mini DP interface or something else? I want to point out that I've tried a lot of stuff like driver updates, rebooting, swapping the cables, etc. to no avail.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello MilenMax,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

We understand that you are not able to select the resolution 2560x1080 on the second monitor connected via mini DP.

To better assist you, please provide the following information:

• What is the current driver version?
  • How did you update the driver for your laptop?
  • Are you using the driver provided by the laptop manufacturer? Or did you use the driver provided by Intel?
  • What tool/software are you using to set the resolutions?
  • Please provide your operating system version.

I would appreciate if you could follow the article Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers and attach the report generated.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello MilenMax,

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello MilenMax

We have not heard back from you. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos