Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

2560x1080 resolution with ultra wide screen (https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-29UM58-P-ultrawide-monitor) and Intel® HD 530 not available. Only 1920*1080 resolution is available

bdean2
Novice

Lastest pilots of this component from here :

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29557/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Are not supporting my display.

When I uninstall the intel UHD pilot I end up with the basic microsoft driver from 2006 and here my monitor is in 2560x1080

and quick after, windows update is forcing the update of the grafic driver and is breaking my resolution again (back to 1920*1080)

We need an update of this driver for ultrawide screen for Intel® HD 530.

16 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and ATTACH (using the paperclip under the toolbar) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Doc

0 Kudos
bdean2
Novice

Hi see the result attached

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello bdean2,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community Forums.

Please provide me with the following information:

• How are you connecting the display to the PC? Please include the video ports and if you are using a straight-through connection or adapters. 

In Intel* we highly recommend using the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers, in this case, the Lenovo* drivers. Intel* drivers are generics and may not work properly on a third-party system. The OEM drivers have been tested and validated for your system.

Please follow the next steps to do a clean installation of the drivers and test the OEM driver.

1. Download the latest Graphics Driver Version: 26.20.100.7925
  2. Disconnect the Internet. That will help you to avoid that Microsoft* force the update.
  3. Open Windows* Apps and features and uninstall the Intel* Graphics driver.
  4. Open the Device Manager, Display Adapters section.
  5. Go to Windows* Device Manager and check if Windows* installed another version of the graphics driver. If it does, please remove it and restart your computer one more time. Note: Repeat this process until you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.
  6. Install the previously downloaded Graphics Driver.
  7. Reconnect the Internet and reboot your PC.

If the issue persists please provide me with the following reports:

With the display connected, provide the Intel* Graphics Command Center report:

>Go to the Intel Graphics Command Center

>Support

>System Diagnostic

>Generate report.

>Attach the report file.

DXDIAG 

1. Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R. 
  2. On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK. 
  3. On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information. 
  4. Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save. 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
bdean2
Novice

Hi Maria,

It's a displayport 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 cable => further more as I mentioned, with completely unistalling the pilot and ending up with the basic microsoft driver from 2006 my, monitor is in 2560x1080 so it's not a cable issue

I've installed the pilot you mentionned, so it's a  OEM drivers that have been tested and validated for my system. => and it's still not working

So for sure it's a driver issue

Cordially,

0 Kudos
bdean2
Novice
posted a file.
0 Kudos
bdean2
Novice
posted a file.
0 Kudos
bdean2
Novice

All files asked are on top of this answer

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello bdean2,

Thank you for the information provided.

It is possible for you to test a straight-through connection (DisplayPort* to DisplayPort* or HDMI* to HDMI*?) and let me know the outcome?

Intel does not recommend the use of any kind of adapters or converters. This is because we cannot test all of them, so we cannot guarantee that these are going to work.

Also, Can you please confirm if you are using the latest firmware available for your specific Display?

I found on the LG* website some Firmware updates available. You can find the files here https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-29UM58-P.AUS, contact LG* support for the proper steps in case you need the TV firmware update.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello bdean2,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
bdean2
Novice

Hi

My station is displayport

my screen is HDMI

So it's mandatory to have display port to HDMI in order to have my screen working

And yes I have the lastest firmware version on my LG screen

And the fact that when I unistall YOUR LATEST driver I'm able to see my screen in 2560 * 1080 it's an intel driver issue. Not screen, not cable, not adapters...

When YOUR driver is updated I ending up with an 1920 * 1080 resolution : So your driver is the problem. It's obvious

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello bdean2,

According to the report you send, the graphics output of your Lenovo* is DVI, or it is been recognized as DVI. Please, check the previous attached graphics report under "Connector Type: DVI".

The recommendation from us is to use a straight connection from the Lenovo* unit to the Display, using DisplayPort* or HDMI*.

The processor has native HDMI*, DisplayPort*, but not DVI. The effective bandwidth of DVI video output is usually 3.96 Gbps. When using 2560x1080@60Hz, the bandwidth is limited. You can check the processor specifications here https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/88184/intel-core-i5-6500-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-60-ghz.html

Our recommendation is that you contact the computer manufacturer to check the connectors embedded in the computer to make sure they support the resolution and refresh rate you are trying to use.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
staticdev
Beginner

@Maria_R_Intel I am having exact same problem as @bdean2 . I have a monitor LG 29WL500, using latest firmware and have integrated Intel HD Graphics 530. I also have the latest drivers, on my Device Manager I see version 27.20.100.9030 (27-11-2020).

Also can't see an option for 2560x1080 on Display Settings. I am on P EliteDesk 800 G2 TWR desktop station, that has only Displayport interfaces and my monitor has only HDMI, so I have also to use a HDMI-Displayport cable.

As I checked from my processor i5-6500, it should support on Displayport 4096x2304@60Hz.

Is there something we can do to make it work?

0 Kudos
staticdev
Beginner

@Maria_R_Intel also my DxDiag.txt attached.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
staticdev
Beginner

Here is the scan.

0 Kudos
Jason_H
Beginner

This is not an adapter or cabling issue.  This monitor displays 2560x1080 when in Windows 10 safe mode and when the Intel 530 is disabled in device manager.  The problem is with the driver.  I have tried the OEM driver (which is just an old Intel driver) and the latest as of 2022-05-25.  The driver has some type of issue and we would like a workaround or a fix, please.

0 Kudos