Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

30.0.101.1069 cause of BSOD on power state transition

SJack2
New Contributor II

Been using Intel generic drivers since updating to Windows 11.

Issues with rebooting on power state change (idle), reverted to latest ASUS build 30.0.101.9929, no issue. Seems to point to issue with display audio driver.

Attached bug report but SSU.txt and Intel Graphics Control Panel report generated on ASUS build.

Sample crash report from Reliability Monitor included below

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Source
Windows

Summary
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
‎06/‎01/‎2022 11:15

Status
Report sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Code: 9f
Parameter 1: 5
Parameter 2: ffffb3898f0b9060
Parameter 3: ffffb389a74d08a0
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_22000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.22000.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 0x9F_5_IMAGE_IntcAudioBus.sys

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel

Hello SJack2, 

Thanks for all the information provided so far. Since Asus is going to replace the unit due to the nature of the issue, I would like to know if you mind me closing this thread.

Remember that if you face this or any other issues you can open a new thread and use this one as a reference.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
SJack2
New Contributor II

Hold this, it might be when there is a device plugged in the audio jack.

It's been idling all day and hasn't faulted, yet I've left it idle with a headphone connected and I've had the same error.

Audio device is Realtek.

Will update.

0 Kudos
SJack2
New Contributor II

Yes this is definitely due to the presence of the headphones in the audio jack. 

Have also tried build 30.0.101.1191 generic DCH and reinstalled Realtek 6.0.9202.1 DCH (UDA), removed DTSAPO driver.

Is definitely happening with plugged headphones over a period causes BSOD (never observed, just in error logs) and reboot.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello SJack2,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Were the headphones working properly before with your Asus laptop?

2. Does this happen with a specific headphone or with any other?

3. What is the brand and model name of the headphones that give you the issue?

4. Have you checked with Asus for compatibility and instructions?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
SJack2
New Contributor II

1. Yes they were and still do work "properly" with the ASUS laptop - and any other I plug them into when I want sound in-ear. 😊

2. I don't really have any other headphones (come to think of it I do have a set of HyperX Cloud that I use on my desktop PC for gaming, but they are twin jack;- mic and spk - I would need to use an adapter. I could plug the Sennheiser in there but it would be like plugging elsewhere - works as expected)

3. They are Sennheiser CX200, standard 3.5mm stereo jack.

4. ASUS, I'm going to check in with their chat portal. 

I've checked the sound driver isn't set up to playback through the mic device and turned off any 'audio enhancements'. I'm convinced it's some kind of config error or driver fault. If it's any help, the BSOD will recur approximately every 18 minutes if I leave the headphone plugged in and the machine idle. If I'm using it actively, there is no crashing. If I remove the headphone, the machine idles and goes to sleep as normal and wakes without issue.

I've checked the power plan and it's the 'ASUS Recommended' there's not even a trigger set to 18 or 20 mins as far as I can see.

SJack2
New Contributor II

I bit the bullet and did a clean install of Windows 11 - exact same issue. Memory has been tested with Memtestx86 UEFI, all SSD diagnostics read good.

ASUS have accepted the unit as RMA without issue! I have had it only 3 months. I can't say how long the issue has been present, only how long I've noticed it then been able to pin it down to this specific circumstance.

You'd think they must know something if they accepted it so readily.

Will update.

DeividA_Intel

Hello SJack2, 

Thanks for all the information provided so far. Since Asus is going to replace the unit due to the nature of the issue, I would like to know if you mind me closing this thread.

Remember that if you face this or any other issues you can open a new thread and use this one as a reference.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
SJack2
New Contributor II

Yes, you may close the thread at this point. Thank you. Glad I made the correlation just in time. Thought I'd sussed it with the OEM driver but it was just happenstance that I did happen to use the headphone so soon.

Maiti
Beginner

Hola buen dia... estimado señor tengo el sigiente problema... lleve a actualizar a windows 10 y ahora no puedo escuchar nada cuando conecto mi compu al tele por cable HDMI solo pudo vere... antes podia ver y escuchar po HDMI mi computadora portatil es una ken brom con procesador intel i5 con placa intel y intel graphicg 3000 y 4GB ram.. espero puedan solucionarme ese incombeniente ya q nadie pudo solucionarlo y e gastado mucho tiempo y dinero y no funciona.. creo q me falta un drivers... muchas gracias espero su pronta respuesta 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Maiti
Beginner

No se q es pero lo voy a intentar.. muchas gracias y si podes me ayudariuas a solucionarlo mejor''''

0 Kudos
SJack2
New Contributor II
This thread should have been closed as solved. It’s been necroed.

Issues with series 31 drivers, I’m all ears. Build 3143 I think, unless CPU is legacied to build 2111.

ASUS system working fine except W11 reverting drivers to series 27…..maybe W12 will be better?
0 Kudos
Maiti
Beginner

Hola buen dia... estimado señor tengo el sigiente problema... lleve a actualizar a windows 10 y ahora no puedo escuchar nada cuando conecto mi compu al tele por cable HDMI solo pudo vere... antes podia ver y escuchar po HDMI mi computadora portatil es una ken brom con procesador intel i5 con placa intel y intel graphicg 3000 y 4GB ram.. espero puedan solucionarme ese incombeniente ya q nadie pudo solucionarlo y e gastado mucho tiempo y dinero y no funciona.. creo q me falta un drivers... muchas gracias espero su pronta respuesta 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@Maiti   I have already answered your question.   HD3000 is not supported on windows 10. 

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos