Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20839 Discussions

31.0.101.5085 Driver Ruined VR Performance

Steve_Asahi
Beginner

I'm not able to provide any screenshot or videos just yet. But here're some details:

My setup: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X/32GB DDR4/Intel Arc A770 16GB LE/Meta Quest 2/ASUS RT-AX86U Wi-Fi 6 Router 

VR streaming software: Virtual Desktop (since Intel Arc doesn't supported by Qculus app, I had no choice) with "Ultra" stream quality and 120FPS enabled.

After updated to 31.0.101.5085 (PC already reboot), my VR experience broke completely. It's doing okay under the desktop environment. But the stutter will be everywhere once I entered SteamVR Home or any games. The view on my monitor seems normal. But everything in my VR headset are so laggy that I cannot do anything properly.

I immediately rollback to 31.0.101.5081 driver, then everything become smooth again. No stutter, no lag, with almost 120 frames per second.

According to this, I strongly suspect that build 5085 driver is the reason to blame. Please investigate this issue if you can because I still need to update the driver sooner or later, meanwhile enjoy my VR games.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Steve_Asahi

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I noticed that you are having bad performance issues while using Meta Quest 2 with your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics.

Intel Arc graphics support for VR headsets continues to evolve as we ramp our products and add updates to our software stack.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Steve_Asahi

Remember that Intel Arc graphics support for VR headsets continues to evolve.

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Steve_Asahi, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P. 

0 Kudos