Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

32GB RAM for Core i7-2960XM

Perfect
Beginner
Hi everyone,

Do you think Core i7-2960XM will accept via dual channel 2X16GB DDR3 1600MHz SODIMM?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to check with the system/motherboard manufacturer as to the type of memory supported.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Perfect
Beginner
They noted 8GB but I’m currently running 16GB (2X8GB) at 1866MHz. DELL Precisions series uses 32GB by quad channels and it works but with speed of 1333MHz.
There is no way I can know if 32GB will work unless I gamble by buying it or ask just like I’m doing but hence nobody knows I think the only solution is to gamble it like I did for the current 16GB.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Then, you have to gamble.   Personally, I would not bother spending the money on a system with a processor that is more than a decade old.   Save your money, and get a new/newer system that supports an 11th gen or greater processor.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Perfect
Beginner
Sure, you are right. I’m about to get GPD WIN Max 2. It’s powerful for it’s size and has eventually everything even for it’s size at 10”.
My current laptop we are talking about is so sweet due to its sleek design, feel and the UV backlit keyboard with the eye catching stylish red light keyboard. It’s has a discrete GPU but just 1GB but the current processor is giving me 3.7GHz on 8 cores with VisionTek 16TB SSD installed.
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Perfect,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Due to this product was discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.  

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos