Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

5120x1440 issue with Iris plus graphics with Surface pro 7

Cedric77
Beginner

Hello Everyone,

I have recently upgraded my computer to  a surface pro 7 and a Philips monitor 499P9 in order to have 5120x1440. I am using 8k monitor cable, I have latest windows 10 home build20h4 fully updated, downloaded the last drivers version26.20.100.7985 from intel. Unfortunately I am stuck with a max. resolution 3840 by 1080, so I called Microsoft support hoping they could do something but no solution was provided I still have the same result.

Can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Cedric77, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please be aware that most of the Surface Pro computers are highly customized, and they do not accept loading Intel generic drivers, which causes the troubleshooting steps that we can provide to be a little bit limited. 

In order to better assist you, please provide the following (with the external monitor connected): 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:   

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".    
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".    
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".    
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).   

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Cedric77,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Cedric77,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. As we mentioned, these Surface Pro computers are highly customized, you should double-check with Microsoft for further help. 

If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Cedric77
Beginner

Hello Sebastian,

It turns out that it is not a driver issues, but rather a lake of information from microsoft about their surface7. Microsoft support could not provide the answer.

Solution was simply to use the USB C port with a 2way connect up stream cable in order to get to the desire 5120x1440. 

Thank you for having tried to help me.

Regards

Cedric

0 Kudos