Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

915G chipset with dual monitors

idata
Employee

I updated the driver for this chipset. After the update, my second monitor was disabled and I can't enable it. The GMA driver refuses to believe I have two monitors installed. They are "default", not the actual monitor type as in L1960TR. Any ideas on how I get dual monitor support back?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi

Try unplugging the second display from the PC and wait a few seconds then plug it back in. It should re-detect. Also, see this doc on display support for your chipset. http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel915g/sb/cs-013595.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel915g/sb/cs-013595.htm

Regards

Robert

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Robert. My problem is fixed!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have a similar problem on my Asus Essentio. I am trying to use my TV as my primary display. In order to get it setup I hooked up a computer monitor also. I got the resolution set for my TV (720p@60) and I disabled the computer monitor in the graphics driver and everything looks good until I unplug the computer monitor and then I lose signal on the TV. Even if the Monitor is turned off and unplugged I still cannot disconnect it from the Asus without lossing signal to the TV. Win Vista Premium 64.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

dsibley wrote:

I have a similar problem on my Asus Essentio. I am trying to use my TV as my primary display. In order to get it setup I hooked up a computer monitor also. I got the resolution set for my TV (720p@60) and I disabled the computer monitor in the graphics driver and everything looks good until I unplug the computer monitor and then I lose signal on the TV. Even if the Monitor is turned off and unplugged I still cannot disconnect it from the Asus without lossing signal to the TV. Win Vista Premium 64.

Hi

I would suggest checking with ASUS support website to insure you have the latest system BIOS for your system. Also,, what version of graphics driver are you using? How is the TV connected to the PC?

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

OK I installed the latest Bios (Ver. 1303)

and I am running the latest graphics driver (7.15.10.1637)

No change, still cannot unplug the monitor without losing signal to the TV

The computer is connected to the monitor by VGA and to the TV by HDMI.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Difficult to say what the issue is without having a ASUS system to troubleshoot with. Have you tried to contact ASUS support?

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
RonaldMorgan
Beginner

When working with a 915G chipset and dual monitors, achieving a seamless display setup is essential for productivity. Similarly, streamlining your educational journey with Degree Attestation for UAE can make your academic achievements more accessible and internationally recognized.

0 Kudos