Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

A want to know a fix with my laptop that whenever I play games even small games i get stutters and i downloaded a program to see my usages and whenever the stutter happens my cpu usage goes to a much higher percentage than usaul.

SWaza
Beginner

It only happens when my usage goes relatively high like 70-100 mark.

My temperatures are between 45- 70 when gaming often at 60+ -70

Ive tried everything possible. Factory resetting capping usage (that doesnt work) I have a Core I 5 8265U and GTX 1050 Max Q.

I also have a laptop cooler at the bottom of my laptop for the temps.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Do you have only the nvidia graphics and no intel graphics? If so, contact your laptop manufacturer and/or nvidia.

Doc

0 Kudos
SWaza
Beginner

No I do have the Intel control panel and UHD graphics.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, you have dual graphics. use both the intel AND nvidia drivers provided by your laptop manufacturer and NOT the Intel generic driver.

Doc

0 Kudos
SWaza
Beginner

I have updated my intel drivers and they helped but the stutter still exists when my cpu increases in usage

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You must use BOTH the intel and nvidia from your manufacturer site, not just the intel.

Doc

0 Kudos
SWaza
Beginner

I have. I should of made it clearer but my nividia drivers were the latest from their website. All of my drivers are up to date and i still get that slight stutter

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"I should of made it clearer but my nividia drivers were the latest from their website."

From who's website? nvidia or the laptop manufacturer?

Doc

0 Kudos
SWaza
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I do not know how many times I need to say this - BOTH drivers MUST come FROM the laptop manufacturer.

I am done now. Any additional support should come from the laptop manufacturer for THEIR laptop. That means you need to contact customer support at your laptop manufacturer.

Doc

0 Kudos