Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

ARC A770 is killing my audio

bricken66
New Contributor I

Once again im  adressing this problem with Arc A770 and USB-C audio interface compability. Before i installed the Arc A770 in my system i never had any sound glitches at all, after reinstalling Windows 11 and Windows 10 and all drivers the problems still is there. In Ubuntu there is no problems. 

My system is.

Msi MAG Z690 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4

Intel i9 12900K

64GB DDR4 3600Mhz

2 Kingston 1 TB Rage Fury NVMe gen 4

Intel ARC A 770 16GB Limited Edition

Antelope Zen Go Synergy Core Audio Interface

Dont ask me to provide any videos or other media to prove my problems.

As this is my mainrig for creation of sound and video this is a big problem.

Dissable resizable bar in UEFI fixes the problems in Windows.

70 Replies
midrange
Beginner

Hello

I tried the new driver directly, no change.

I also have an Asus PN64 with Iris XE Graphics and I have the same problem.

Older drivers don't work either.

What is striking is that it runs on AMD systems without any problems ?!

And can it be that it only occurs on Intel systems of the 12th and 13th generation?

Greets,

Michael

0 Kudos
bricken66
New Contributor I

So far i have reinstalled windows 11 and Windows 10 many times, i have used the latest drivers for all my hardware, i have tried my brothers RTX 4090 and my sons XT 7900 XT, i have bought a USB add in card with USB 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1 support from another chipset vendor. And I have used  2 different USB soundcards with the same results.

Why are you asking us to try a new BETA driver when you dont tell us if you have found any problems with the old ?.

Im back to my old RX 580 so i can use my computer to create music and videos.

its crazy that we only had to install your product to be aware of a problem, when you cant discover it after all these weeks and all of us complaining.

0 Kudos
Logidroid
Novice

Is that really the professionalism at Intel especially for this type of product ?

It's really starting to go too far even with my custom Acer Version Bifrost ARC A770 which is a really exceptional product but because of you intel of course, well it's a failure for the moment and it's extremely annoying.

In addition, stop doing like almost all manufacturers, that is to say finding problems where there are none.
(Precisely at Acer I was told to contact the manufacturer of my sound card when I tested 4 of them and all 4 had the same problem.)

At the moment I took back my RTX 2060 and I no longer have any problems so it would be good to look into this particular problem rather than improving performance on Counter-Strike.

My Graphic card:

Acer Predator BiFrost Intel Arc A770 OC 16G

https://store.acer.com/fr-fr/predator-bifrost-intel-arc-a770-oc

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello bricken66

We are continuously working to improve our drivers and any issue that might come up. We are in the process of investigating the issue related to this. We apologize for the time it has taken so far.

I would like to get confirmation from you as the thread owner if you were able to test the latest BETA driver and if the issue is still exactly the same.

Also, please follow the instructions in my previous post and provide the Intel® System Support Utility log so we can continue helping with this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
bricken66
New Contributor I
I have tried the newest Beta driver and there is no change.
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello bricken66

Thank you for your confirmation of the issue happening on the latest BETA driver as well. I will highly appreciate it if you could provide us with the Intel® System Support Utility log file as we need as many samples as possible to continue investigating this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello @midrange

Thank you for the log file that you have provided, I see that this is from your Asus PN64 MiniPC which does not have an Intel® Arc™ GPU, this is helpful since so far the issue was only reported on ARC. I also, saw that you have a NUC12 system on a previous post, Could you please provide a log file from that system?

Also, Could you please provide a short video showing this issue?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Summer_Wind
Novice

I have same problem. Arc A770. I changed 2 CPU - i5-13600К and i7-13700K, two motherboards - ASRock Z790 PG RIPTIDE and ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI. Last drivers. New beta drivers. Nothing changes for me.

1. USB-C audio interface compatibility lags (tested ASUS ROG Strix Go 2.4 Wireless Gaming Headset with USB-C 2.4 GHz Adapter). Impossible to use via USB-C. Always on\off signal.

2. Audio glitches / popping / stuttering in all sound outputs when switching between apps\tabs or opening a new one. Wireless mouse stuttering in same time.

0 Kudos
Summer_Wind
Novice

UPDATE

I see some progress with previus beta drivers 101.4034 and enabled Resizable BAR. So far I don't see previus problem with audio signal from my ASUS ROG Strix Go 2.4 Wireless Gaming Headset with USB-C 2.4 GHz Adapter.  No more regular "on\off". But some time still happen. Anyway now I can use them at least.  

Audio glitches / popping / stuttering and wireless mouse stuttering when switching between apps\tabs or opening a new one, still exists.

ttoninator
Beginner

Hello,I am also having issues with audio after installing the Arc A770 16gb. Once installed all onboard audio devices dissappear from device manager in Win 10 except for "HD audio for Display Device" which is HDMI to the monitor. If I uninstall the ARC and throw my RTX 2080 ti back in which was previously installed, the onboard Realtek audio devices show back up and are enabled. But then I reinstall the ARC and everything disappears and i can only use the audio jack on the monitor...this pc is slightly older and has no Resizable Bar option. Just a few more hints possibly 🙂 .

PC specs

ASRock B250M PRO4
i7 7700
16 GB ram
ARC A770 16GB

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello ttoninator

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. Please open a new thread for more personalized troubleshooting, since the issue you describe does not seem to be the same issue being discussed in this thread. You can also try some of the troubleshooting that has been provided on this thread as well. Thank you for your understanding.

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello @bricken66 @midrange

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check my previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance and if you are able to provide the requested information.

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
bricken66
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
midrange
Beginner

Hello,

Sorry but I packed the Nuc 12 back and is now waiting for a new owner. I don't want to deal with it any further.

Now get another Nuc 11 enthusiast who didn't have the problem. Doesn't have ARC either :LOL:

0 Kudos
Summer_Wind
Novice

Problem still here. Nothing helps. I tried even old drivers 31.0.101.3490. 

Brand new rig. 2 difrent chipsets Z690 and Z790. Nothing. Only Resizable OFF helps... But it's not an option. BTW, without driver (with Microsoft Basic Video Driver) all okay too.

These problems occur even in games. For example, when you open a map, menu, etc. Switching between tabs , tasks, ect. It's like frezzening - drops fps, audio and mouse popping / stuttering... It's very annoying....

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello bricken66

Thank you for letting me know. Once we have received the Intel® System Support Utility log file we can continue with our research since we have also received different logs from different users. Once you are able please attach the log file.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
bricken66
New Contributor I

Hi

Im on the brink to abandon ARC A770.

I havent told you that im an old hardware technician that have worked for EDS and used to have a computer store/workshop.

Im not saying that i have the skills in drivers and such, but i have been toubleshooting computers and servers for 15 years.

I have been i contact with Antelope to see if they has some knowledge about problems with their drivers, they gave me some steps to check if there was their hardware or drivers that was the culprit. it wasnt.

Reinstalled Windows and all drivers for Sound and GPU.

0 Kudos
bricken66
New Contributor I

Video

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello bricken66

Thank you for the information and feedback provided. Now that we have the log files from some users under this as well as yours we will continue researching this issue to get to the source of it. Rest assured we are doing our best to come up with a resolution, which is why we needed as much information as possible from affected users.

I will post back as soon as I have an update for this thread. We appreciate your patience and help.

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
perkyagnostic
Beginner

Hi,

I reported this exact same issue over a month ago in the official Intel support thread on reddit.

Since then, I tried many different driver versions and 3 different external sound cards / audio interfaces:

- Presonus revelator io24

- M-Audio Firewire 1814

- Audient id14 mkII (current)

With all of them the problem is more or less the same. Re-Bar is enabled.

I tried everything, from DDU to disabling the WiFi and/or Ethernet chipsets (both Intel btw), disabling different services, uninstalling programs, installing a clean Windows 11 on a seperate SSD with only basic drivers, nothing helps.

When I check the DPC latency with LatencyMon, just sitting idle on the desktop show normal values, but doing basically anything lets the latency skyrocket with using the web browser (Firefox or Edge doesn't matter) especially while listening to music is definitely the worst case.  Screenshots attached.

For productive work the system is now basically unusable, it's really quite sad for a - not that cheap - completely Intel-based system.

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone

We want to let you know that we have been able to reproduce this issue and are currently working to come up with a fix in form of a future driver update. You should see the fix highlighted in the release notes once it comes out, however, there is no estimated time for resolution at the moment.

The issue has been reported to our developer team under Bug Id 22016601751, you can reference this bug id if you want to check the status later on.

We highly appreciate all the feedback, troubleshooting, and information provided in this thread. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.