Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

About increasing dedicated video memory

ShashankBhatta
Beginner

I have 1x8gb and 1x 4gb RAM and i7-6500U with hd graphics 520 with shared video memory.. My default DVM was 128MB .. How can I increase it?

And how much should I increase it to?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Did you read my response? No, you can't change it (you used to be able to do this, but not any longer). It allocates and deallocates as needed automatically.
...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
This happens automatically, you don't need to do anything. Based upon current requirements, up to 50% of your DRAM could be allocated as VRAM.
If you have a game that won't play because it sees low VRAM number, this is a bug in the game; contact the game developers for a fix.
...S
0 Kudos
ShashankBhatta
Beginner

That means I can upgrade the dedicated video memory to 6gb ,, but most people suggest only 512 mb for 4gb or 8gb .. why??

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Did you read my response? No, you can't change it (you used to be able to do this, but not any longer). It allocates and deallocates as needed automatically.
...S
0 Kudos
ShashankBhatta
Beginner

Yeah , Thanks for your support.. I had read your reply earlier but was wondering if I had any chance to set it up manually, but now I get that no its automatic..

0 Kudos