Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Access violation in ig9icd64.dll whenever I try to run my OpenGL program.

Milan4
Novice

I have this c++ program which uses OpenGL, and it works fine on my main pc (uses a gtx 970), but whenever I try to run it on my laptop I get this: Exception thrown at 0x00007FF974A0EAB6 (ig9icd64.dll) in Raytracer.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 

This error is thrown at an OpenGL instruction, namely glGetProgramiv, but if i remove the line, the error gets thrown are another opengl instruction. I have read that It was a gpu driver fault, but I updated them (running a uhd 620, see attached dxdiag), but it still doesn't work. What can I do?

Edit: check out the program here: https://github.com/Milan7843/Raytracer , the error is thrown in Raytracer/src/Shader.cpp:88

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

OK, NVIDIA GPU works now.

AMD still complains

max uniforms: 36347

Variable injection:
$numTriangles     1
$numMeshes        1
$numPointLights   1
$numMaterials           1
$numSpheres             1
Error: shader compilation failed.35632Fragment shader failed to compile with the following errors:
ERROR: 0:218: error(#162) Wrong operand types: no operation "<" exists that takes a left-hand operand of type "highp int" and a right operand of type "void" (or there is no acceptable conversion)
ERROR: 0:305: error(#162) Wrong operand types: no operation "<" exists that takes a left-hand operand of type "highp int" and a right operand of type "void" (or there is no acceptable conversion)
ERROR: 0:334: error(#162) Wrong operand types: no operatio
Error: shader program linking failed.
Fragment shader(s) were not successfully compiled before glLinkProgram() was called.  Link failed.

setting: pointLights[0].pos
setting: pointLights[1].pos
Making room for 82 triangles
FPS: 4.51031

In general i know that NVIDIA's GLSL compiler is very sloppy, but AMD and Intel are very strict.

I am no developer though, so i cannot help you in details...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

At the moment  i have no recent Intel GPU handy, but my laptop dislikes your app as well.

Looks like you forgot to upload the .obj files to Github

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU

Assimp error: model loading failed:Unable to open file "src/models/plane.obj".
Assimp error: model loading failed:Unable to open file "src/models/icosphere.obj".
Assimp error: model loading failed:Unable to open file "src/models/defaultSphere.obj".
Assimp error: model loading failed:Unable to open file "src/models/defaultSphere.obj".

Variable injection:
$numTriangles     1
$numMeshes        1
$numPointLights   1
Error: shader compilation failed.356320(7) : error C1043: size of dimension cannot be less than 1
0(23) : error C1043: size of dimension cannot be less than 1
0(109) : error C1043: size of dimension cannot be less than 1

Fragment info
-------------
0(7) : error C1043: size of dimension cannot be less than 1
0(23) : error C1043: size of dimension cannot be less than 1
0(109) : error C1043: size of dimension cannot be less than 1
(0) : error C2003: incompatible options for link

Making room for 0 triangles
FPS: 2.75442

AMD Cezanne iGPU

Assimp error: model loading failed:Unable to open file "src/models/plane.obj".
Assimp error: model loading failed:Unable to open file "src/models/icosphere.obj".

Variable injection:
$numTriangles     1
$numMeshes        1
$numPointLights   1
Error: shader compilation failed.35632Fragment shader failed to compile with the following errors:
ERROR: 0:7: error(#186) Array size must be a positive integer
ERROR: 0:23: error(#186) Array size must be a positive integer
ERROR: 0:109: error(#186) Array size must be a positive integer
ERROR: 0:218: error(#162) Wrong operand types: no operation "<" exists that takes a left-hand operand of type "highp int" and a right operand of type "void" (or there is no acceptable conversion)
ERROR: 0:305: error(#162) Wrong operand types: no operation "<" e
Fragment shader(s) were not successfully compiled before glLinkProgram() was called.  Link failed.

Making room for 0 triangles
FPS: 7.16966

Milan4
Novice

Yep, my bad. It seems they were included in the standard gitignore made by visual studio, but I've added them now.

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

OK, NVIDIA GPU works now.

AMD still complains

Variable injection:
$numTriangles     1
$numMeshes        1
$numPointLights   1
ERROR: 0:305: error(#162) Wrong operand types: no operation "<" exists that takes a left-hand operand of type "highp int" and a right operand of type "void" (or there is no acceptable conversion)
ERROR: 0:334: error(#162) Wrong operand types: no operatio

Making room for 82 triangles
FPS: 4.51031

In general i know that NVIDIA's GLSL compiler is very sloppy, but AMD and Intel are very strict.

I am no developer though, so i cannot help you in details...

Milan4
Novice

Okay I've looked at the lines and asked around for bit, and it should be fixed now (also press v while running the app to actually see something 🙂

Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Looks good on AMD as well

Stefan092-20220422-202057.gif

Milan4
Novice

woow that seems to have actually fixed it! Thank you so much for your help 😄

0 Kudos