Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Adaptive Brightness off, brightness still changing - Samsung Notebook 9

MBren8
Beginner

I have been having an ongoing issue that seem to arise after a windows update. If i am view a screen that is dark, my brightness will automatically darken and when i go back to a lighter screen, it slowly increases. Its extremely irritating and i have had this laptop for over a year with no issue like this until now. I have done everything i could to fix it, disabling sensor device, go into power plans and changing adaptive brightness, going into Intel HD control panel but have no option to disable "Power Saving Technology". I even went into Samsung's own display settings and made sure anything related to brightness was set to not cause this issue. I have also rollbacked drivers, uninstall and reinstalled older drivers etc.

Model of laptop -

NP900X3N-K04US
0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mbrenes28,

Thank you for joining this community.

We understand that you are facing issues with the adaptive brightness setting after the latest Windows* Update.

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mbrenes28

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos