Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

After Graphic driver update to 27.20.100.9316 display 1 reverts to orange/ warm dim look

TheFreeKid
Beginner

Opera Snapshot_2021-03-18_011723_www.intel.com.pngdisplay.jpg

After allowing the recommended updates this crap happened on restart. I tried to restore to a previous update, but it is not allowing me to do so. I turned off the warm system settings for night view and adjusted brightness to high, I also set the color management back to default. I read previous post that says refer to the manufacture,  well intel is the manufacture for my video card. So what now??

TheFreeKid_0-1616046415272.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TheFreeKid
Beginner

No there were no underlying issues, the update cause the problem. I have figured out the  issue and found a solution my self. The new update is causing this issue because the existing  Intel Graphics control panel "App" is out dated and no longer available to download.  Having the old version of this app with the new update causes a malfunction in the graphics settings.  So after finding that the night settings were not enabled  and were not causing the unwanted orange/ warm screen,(" which was disgusting to look at btw" lol)  I continued going through all the possible  internal settings, having no luck. Little did I know that the Microsoft App had a secondary Intel control panel.  Being a computer programmer myself  my first instinct is to use system control panel, which in my opinion should override App settings or at least offer an option to do so. So after two days of having no luck, I decided to see if there was an alternated add on control panel that would allow me to force the color correction. This is when I learned of the "Microsoft Intel Control panel" I did not even know that this app was on my PC because I don't utilize the app section, call me old fashion, but I like the old Icon and program option myself. The new Microsoft App features are for the Gen Z I guess. I am obviously going to have to get used to their existence.  Anyways when I went to try and download the Intel Graphics control panel I found that I already had the outdated version in my App section. I then found a newer version and installed, after adjusting the setting the problem was immediately cleared up. Anytime you guys put out an update for hardware you have to consider a disclaimer for add on graphics controllers. In this case it was Intel very own control panel that was causing the problem. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello TheFreeKid,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order for us to look for a resolution, can you please provide the following reports and information:

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Instructions

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information
  • By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

DXDIAG

Instructions

• Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R.
  • On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK.
  • On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information.
  • Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save.

Intel® Graphics report

Instructions link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Notes:

• With the graphics report, you don’t have to send both reports from both tools, just the one that you currently use (If applicable).
  • When taking the graphics report make sure the monitor is connected (If applicable).
  • You can use the option under the reply window to attach the reports and any other files to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

1. Besides the driver update did you installed something else before the issue started?
  2. Have you tested the customized driver from your laptop manufacturer or just the generic one from our end by using our driver assistant?

Important note: Just to clarify if you have found a thread here in the forum with your exact same issue, and you have tried all the steps there, and the last recommendation was to go to your manufacturer we usually refer to the manufacturer as the brand who we provided the processor with the integrated graphics, so they could integrate into their design for in this case a laptop; nevertheless, please provide the reports so we can further advise.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
TheFreeKid
Beginner

No there were no underlying issues, the update cause the problem. I have figured out the  issue and found a solution my self. The new update is causing this issue because the existing  Intel Graphics control panel "App" is out dated and no longer available to download.  Having the old version of this app with the new update causes a malfunction in the graphics settings.  So after finding that the night settings were not enabled  and were not causing the unwanted orange/ warm screen,(" which was disgusting to look at btw" lol)  I continued going through all the possible  internal settings, having no luck. Little did I know that the Microsoft App had a secondary Intel control panel.  Being a computer programmer myself  my first instinct is to use system control panel, which in my opinion should override App settings or at least offer an option to do so. So after two days of having no luck, I decided to see if there was an alternated add on control panel that would allow me to force the color correction. This is when I learned of the "Microsoft Intel Control panel" I did not even know that this app was on my PC because I don't utilize the app section, call me old fashion, but I like the old Icon and program option myself. The new Microsoft App features are for the Gen Z I guess. I am obviously going to have to get used to their existence.  Anyways when I went to try and download the Intel Graphics control panel I found that I already had the outdated version in my App section. I then found a newer version and installed, after adjusting the setting the problem was immediately cleared up. Anytime you guys put out an update for hardware you have to consider a disclaimer for add on graphics controllers. In this case it was Intel very own control panel that was causing the problem. 

0 Kudos
OrionSl
Beginner

Im having this exact problem on my HP Envy 17.3   Right after the windows welcome screen it reverts to the dim orangish color screen.  Ive found that disabling the Intel Irish XE driver reverts my computer to the proper color scheme with actual white whites but in doing so I lose brightness adjust and after restart and it becomes dim without the ability to adjust brightness. But the colors stay proper. Im assuming something is taking over my graphics car as windows starts with the right colors then goes orangish when the desktop loads.  

What exactly did you do to fix this issue? I cant find anything saying microsoft control panel on my app list. Im at my wits end with no solution that works.

Intel Iris disabled proper colorIntel Iris disabled proper colorEnabeledEnabeled

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

TheFreeKid, Thank you very much for sharing those results.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the problem got fixed after adjusting the setting on the newer version and now it is working properly.

I will send your comments and suggestions about the disclaimer to the proper department for them to be aware of your recommendations.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos