Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

After my laptop comes back from sleep it loses its ability to change brightness

SBern3
Beginner

I noticed this happening a few days ago. I am working on a 5 day old Lenovo c930 yoga with i7 - 8550u with intel 620 UHD graphics. I have been manually going into device manager and disabling > enabling the intel 620 Display adapter to get the function back. I am fully up to date with my drivers.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

REINSTALL the graphics driver from Lenovo website

0 Kudos
SBern3
Beginner

I have done this several times. Twice with remote help from Lenovo.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello SBern3, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. We would like to continue assisting you. Please provide this information: A. How often does it happen? B. Is the power cable plugged in or not? C. Are you connecting an external monitor to your computer? D. Is it a hybrid or switchable graphics system? E. Run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello SBern3, If you are still having the issue reported, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello SBern3, If you are still experiencing the display issues, please let us know. We will be happy to provide more information about it. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos