Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Anyone know solution why i cant adjust my monitor (lg wide screen) on 2560x1080 resolution?

LBevc
Beginner

i have a problem with a graphic card (Intel hd 520) drivers.

I reinstalled them and now when i press right click don't see intel graphic control panel anymore.

The reason why i went uninstalling my drivers were because i could not get 2560x1080 resolution on my lg wide screen. So i thougth this would help, but didnt. I have dp-hdmi cables. The max resolution i get is 1920x1080. Does anyone know for solution?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @LBevc​ 

1. Now the Intel Graphic Control Panel is not a part of Graphic Driver. It must be downloaded and installed separately from the driver. You may download it from Microsoft Store.
  2. In the Intel Graphic Control Panel you can set Custom Display Resolution to the required 2560 x 1080 . See this youtube video to give you idea how to do this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw-1Vg2FwEA
  3. I believe that with your monitor you got some installation disk. On this disk probably you got also some application to control the display resolution.

Leon

0 Kudos
LBevc
Beginner
  1. I download control panel from windows store but when i tried to open it, it does not open. It worked before i reinstalled my graphics driver. I scanned my computer (intel utility) and it says that it is up to date.
  2. I am using lg ultrawide 25um58 monitor. I installed all required drivers.
  3. Funny think is that i tried to connect with another laptot (Lenovo thinkpad) and it automatically detected resolution 2560x1080. So cables i think are ok. I checked my laptop (Fujitsu lifebook E756) specification and it supports higher resolutions. For connections to monitor i am using docking station (DP to HDMI cable) which should be ok.

Is there anything else i am missing?

0 Kudos
LBevc
Beginner

When i tried to make custome resolution (2560x1080 60 Hz) it will always says to me custome resolution exceeds the maximum bandwidth capacity. If i change to 30 Hz, it works.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. When you connected your monitor to Lenovo, the performance where better (i.e. 60Hz)?
  2. Can you connect your laptop directly with HDMI cable (without docking station)?

Leon

0 Kudos
LBevc
Beginner
  1. When i connected Lenovo performance were as expected (look picture), 2560x1080, 59 Hz.
  2. I already had but it was no difference. On Fujitsu was max resolution 1920x1080.

0 Kudos
LBevc
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
LBevc, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
LBevc
Beginner

Hi,

1. I found out that the problem i didn't see Intel graphics control panel was the update of the graphic card driver. When i installed previous driver everything went back to normal.
  2. The problem with resolution was the cable.

Thank you all for your help.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Hi LBevc, You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know those results. Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear the problem got resolved. Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos