Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware [windows 10] [Arma 3]

Cscot8
Novice

I have researched this a lot before posting here but it seems everything i try dosent work. I am trying to play a game called Arma 3 and every time i manage to play for about 5 -10 mins before it comes up with this error message "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" I know its not me having an intel hd 4000 as my brother can play this game perfectly (with the same laptop) on windows 8.1

I am using : Intel hd 4000 graphics card

Please help ( i know you get this a lot)

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Arma 3 issues are still under investigation since driver version 4222. Any updates will be posted on the driver release notes.

Allan.

Cscot8
Novice

Ok thank you mate .

Do you have any idea of when the updated driver will be available ?

Anyway thanks for replying been wanting this answer for a long time

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I do not have an estimate. I am sure it will be published on the driver release notes.

Allan.

0 Kudos
Cscot8
Novice

Where can i find the Driver release notes ?

0 Kudos
Cscot8
Novice

I will give you my DxDiag report to see if anyone will be able to help me because this issue is starting to get on my nerves. The game worked fine on windows 8.1

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

You could download the driver release notes on the same page you find the latest video drivers: See an example picture below:

Again, this matter has been escalated and this is under investigation and no ETA is available yet.

Allan.

0 Kudos
Cscot8
Novice

I know your going to say "We have already discussed this" but do you think the next arma 3 update will fix a couple of problems ?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I do not have information about future fixes for new drivers updates. Issues fixed are published on the driver release notes.

Allan.

0 Kudos
Cscot8
Novice

I think i may have found a fix but basically i had to change something with the arma 3 settings so that it dosent have a high cpu and disk usage, because before it was %100 usage on the disk so i messed around with the settings and i think it works . for now anyways

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Alright, thanks for sharing this information.

Allan.

0 Kudos
Cscot8
Novice

Ok so it seams that arma 3 has started playing up again with the same errors , do you know of anyway i can lower my cpu and disk usage as i think that may be the problem

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

The only way would be enabling Speed Step functionality, this will lower processor frequency to save power dynamically. You need to check BIOS settings.

As for disk usage, please consult with your SSD or hard drive maker.

Allan.

0 Kudos