Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Arc A770 unstable fps on apex legends

Kaylov
Beginner

for apex legends dx11, very unstable fps even 1080p everything low, the fps sometimes just 10

for dx12, only 1 fps on the menu page

hope Intel can fix it

thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello Kaylov,

Thank you for posting in the Intel Arc communities,

We understand the issue that you are experiencing with your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics (16GB), we will try our best to provide you with a solution for this issue, to start please help us gather the following information:

• When did the issue start?

• What is the distribution service you are using to get the game? (steam, Xbox,Epic Games)

• Please record a video of the issue and share it with us

• Download and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* make sure to check the box "Everything"

and save the resulting .txt file you can attach it to your reply. Link for Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ThePurgeGoblin
Beginner

same also seems like i have issues with fortnite and apex but Dead by daylight and pubg is almost perfect its crazy pubg has a gpu driver crash once a while very not often like said almost perfect but apex i cant play at all the Low fps are quite low its really not steady and makes for a very laggy gameplay 

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello ThePurgeGoblin,

Thank you for posting your response.

Are you using the latest version of the Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - WHQL - Windows*?

In case you are not running the latest version please visit the following guide to find a list of steps to help you during the installation.

Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows*

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

To download the latest version of the driver please visit:

Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - WHQL - Windows*

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-whql-windows.html

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello Kaylov,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello Kaylov,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

Troubleshooting Note:

0 Kudos
PurpleCloud
Novice

I have the same issue with Apex Legends. Didn't see the original poster respond so will respond with my issues.

Issues running DX11, frame rate is inconsistent; the frame rate is some times high but stutters a lot and freeze for short period on and off so the game is not really playable. The CPU is at 100%, I have i7-8700 so 6-cores and up to 4.8GHz. GPU would be <50% load. Using the latest beta driver 101.4034 that is available. Tried DX12 and getting < 1 fps, and CPU is around 30% and GPU at 100%. 

• When did the issue start?

This started when we swapped the GPU from nVidia 970 to A770. Cleaned old driver with DDU and installed both the latest driver and now on the beta driver. Similar issue.

• What is the distribution service you are using to get the game? (steam, Xbox,Epic Games)

Using Steam right now.

• Please record a video of the issue and share it with us

Will upload later.

• Download and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* make sure to check the box "Everything"

and save the resulting .txt file you can attach it to your reply. Link for Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

Text file from SSU is attached.

ThePurgeGoblin
Beginner

same also everything up to date 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello @ThePurgeGoblin, @PurpleCloud

Please open a new thread for more personalized troubleshooting. I understand that the issue may be similar; however, the recommendations would vary depending on each system, and providing suggestions for different system environments may be confusing for everyone. Also, it is important to mention that since the Thread Owner stopped responding, the thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello Kaylov

I want to let you know that we have been able to reproduce this issue internally and we are currently working on investigating it in order to come up with a resolution, however, we would not be able to provide an estimated time for resolution at this moment. Thank you for your understanding.

In case you have further questions, please open a new thread since this thread will no longer be monitored.

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos