Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

Are there any compatible intel 82915gm graphics driver for Windows Vista, Win7

idata
Employee

Hi, I bought a Dell 630M laptop about four years ago, and currently i am willing to change my operate system from Windows XP to Windows 7 RC. Unfortunately, I cannot find the compatible graphics drvier for Win 7, are there any new drivers for it.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello friend, also had the same problem on my computer Acer Aspire 1640 and could not find the 82915gm intel graphics driver compatible with windows 7.

Finally I found the following address: ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/aspire_1640/vista/Drivers/

Try Intel VGA 910 915 6.14.10.4707.zip which lies between files, as my computer has the same video card as yours, it should also work. Unzip and run the. Exe but with support for Windows Vista ready.

Any concerns comunicate with yormanpe@hotmail.com

I hope you work ...

Hola amigo, tambien tuve el mismo problema en mi computador Acer aspire 1640 y no podia encontrar el intel 82915gm graphics driver compatible con windows 7.

Finalmente encontre la siguiente direccion: ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/aspire_1640/vista/Drivers/ ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/aspire_1640/vista/Drivers/

Prueba con /notebook/aspire_1640/vista/Drivers/Intel VGA 910 915 6.14.10.4707.zip Intel VGA 910 915 6.14.10.4707.zip el cual se encuentra entre los archivos, como mi computador tiene la misma tarjeta de video que el tuyo, tambien debe funcionar. Descomprime y ejecuta el .exe pero con compatibilidad para windows vista y listo.

Cualquier inquietud comunicate con mailto:yormanpe@hotmail.com yormanpe@hotmail.com

Espero te funcione...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, Yorman Peralta,

Thank you very much, i will try it..

Thanks again!

Levin

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, Yorman Peralta,

Unfortunately, it cannot be installed, and it will said "unsupported operation system".

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

See http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-030907.htm - basically you can try to install XP driver under Windows 7 and it should run in XPDM mode.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I try this way yet. Unfortunately the driver cannot be installed, it will say unsupport this operation system.

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Did you try the driver in http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=12531&ProdId=1862&lang=eng zip package and install the driver using "Have Disk" method?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, i haven't select the compaitable mode for the setup.exe, and it works now....

Haha, great... Thank all of you!

0 Kudos