Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Asus S410UQ-EB105T Screen Flickering in some pages and colors with Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

bceli
Beginner

Hi,

I have a trouble with the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 in my ASUS Vivobook of S410UQ-EB105T. In some screen colors, the screen has obviously flickering. This doesn't change with charge cable plugged in or not. This flickering problem distracts my care and I cannot take myself from looking into that parts having flickering issue. When I deactivate the Intel Graphics 620, there isn't any flickering problem. Maybe I can continue using this laptop by deactivating Intel graphics foreverly, but some functions of "fn+F5-F6" being screen constrast setting and wireless connection to TV don't work. Maybe there are other effects can also occur while deactivating Intel Graphics. Anyway, I read some suggestions in this platform that I applied, but they weren't a cure. Some of things that I made to solve this problem are:

1. I removed and deleted both intel 620 Graphics and Intel Sound Card from device manager, then I installed new driver from Intel.

2. I removed and deleted both intel 620 Graphics and Intel Sound Card from device manager, then I installed the suggested driver from ASUS web site.

3. I searched a new way to use Nvidia instead of Intel. I can't find how it is done.

Anyway, none of them didn't work.

Thank you for your help from now on.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You MUST use the drivers from Asus for your laptop, especially since you have dual (internal and discrete) graphics. The drivers for those graphics are modified to provide the proper switching between them. The generic drivers on the intel site are not modified.

So, make certain that BOTH the intel and nvidia graphics drivers are the latest from Asus.

Doc

0 Kudos
bceli
Beginner

I downloaded the latest suggested drivers from ASUS web site. The problem is not solved.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Your laptop, and its support for graphics, is the responsibility of ASUS. The modified drivers are provided by them. Contact Asus.

Doc

0 Kudos