Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Asus Zenbook buzzing sound from graphics card ?

CDela2
Beginner

Hello folks,

I have a brand new Asus Zenbook UX430UN with Intel i7-8550U and an Intel UHD graphics 620 chip.

There is a sound everytime there is a change on the display.

At first, I tought it was hardware related so I got a second laptop and the behaviour is the same.

I read that this could be a driver issue on 520 and 620 chips as described in

Any advices on how to proceed?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello Thund,

I understand you are facing an issue with your Asus laptop which makes sounds everytime you make a change in the display. I will be more than glad to assist you regarding this issue.

I can see that this laptop has NVIDIA graphics as well so first we need to determine which graphics controller the machine is using, in order to verify that, please follow these instructions:
  • In the Windows search bar write "Device Manager" and hit Enter.
  • Double click on "Display adapters".
  • In the drop down please verify which controller appear, if the Intel(R) HD Graphics, NVIDIA Graphics or both.

In the case that just the NVIDIA Graphics shows in the Display adapters section, I will highly recommend you to look for support with NVIDIA directly to verify if there is any update you can perform.

Then, if the Display adapter section appears the Intel(R) HD Graphics and the NVIDIA Graphics or just the Intel(R) HD Graphics you can manually perform an installation of the latest graphic drivers from Intel®.

For you to achieve so, please first download the latest graphic drivers (4901) using the following link: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27412/a08/win64_15.60.2.4901.zip https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27412/a08/win64_15.60.2.4901.zip

Once you have downloaded it please follow these instructions:
  1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.

2. Expand "Display Adapter", right-click the Intel Graphics entry, and click Uninstall.

3. On Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver then click OK to start the uninstall process.

4. When the uninstall process is complete, disconnect your computer from the internet and make sure it will not auto connect when reboot. Restart your system.

5. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

6. Open Device Manager

7. Expand the Display adapters section.

8. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. (Note: The graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

9. Click Browse my computer for driver software.

10. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found.

11. Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

12. Reboot your computer when prompted.
Please note that the drivers I am providing you are generic drivers from Intel® and some features of it might not be available for your machine so if these steps I have attached will not work on this case I will highly recommend contacting Asus for support.

Antony S.

0 Kudos