Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Asus laptop UX330UAK won't detect external monitors

someone123
Beginner

Hi, is someone able to help please? I can't get a monitor to connect to my ASUS laptop. It never detects that there's more than one than one display. 

My drivers are up to date, the monitor connects fine (using the same multi adapter) to another laptop I have. When using the multi adapter with the ASUS laptop the mouse and keyboard connected to the adapter work fine with the laptop, but the monitor is never detected.

I previously tried to connect the ASUS laptop to another monitor and to a tv, but again other laptops were able to do this but not mine.

I also tried just using a HDMI to USB cable to connect my monitor to the USB laptop, but it recognised the monitor as a disk, and still no monitor was detected.

Here is part of my detailed report. If you need any more info, please let me know. Thank you very much.

Computer
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. UX330UAK
System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model UX330UAK
System Type Mobile
Motherboard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Motherboard Product UX330UAK
Version 1.0
BIOS Version UX330UAK.315
Date 4/19/2019
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Secure Boot On

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
Version 1909
OS Build 10.0.18363
Build Branch 19h1_release
Locale English (United Kingdom)
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
.NET Framework Versions 4.0.0.0, 4.8.03752
Default Internet Browser Internet Explorer 11.1198.18362.0
Installed Internet Browsers Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 11.1198.18362.0, Microsoft Edge
Processor
Intel® Core™ i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz
Device Details
Manufacturer GenuineIntel
Description Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 9
Architecture x64
# of Cores 2
# of Threads 4
Processor Base Frequency 2511 MHz
Current Voltage 8.
Level 2 Cache 512 Kb
Level 3 Cache 3072 Kb
Processor Id 0x806E9
Availability Running at full power

Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 620
Device Details
Adapter Compatibility Intel Corporation
Video Processor Intel® HD Graphics Family
Resolution 3200 x 1800
Bits Per Pixel 32
Number of Colors 4294967296
Refresh Rate - Current 59 Hz
Refresh Rate - Maximum 59 Hz
Refresh Rate - Minimum 59 Hz
Provider Intel Corporation
Version 27.20.100.9079
Date 11/12/2020
Adapter DAC Type Internal
Adapter RAM 1.00 GB
Availability Running at full power
Status This device is working properly.
Location PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0
Device Id PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5916&SUBSYS_15201043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&10

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

This certainly sounds like an Asus problem.   Have you contacted them for support?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
someone123
Beginner

You might be right, it's just I noticed that several people who had the same problem with this laptop were found to have problems with their drivers, and I have no idea whether that also applies to me?

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @someone123

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. If yes, please provide the following information:

1- We understand that you are using video adapters to connect the external monitors. Please provide:

• Multi-adapter brand and model or a link as a reference:
  • Brand and model of the different monitors that you have tested:

2- Have you tested using a straight-through connection (e.g. HDMI-to-HDMI) with a single cable? Is the behavior the same?

3- Did this configuration (laptop + monitor) work fine before? If yes, was there any recent hardware or software change (Windows updates, driver updates) related to the point when the issue started?

4- We understand that you have also tried HDMI to USB cable using the USB port on the laptop. Do you mean a USB-C port? Is this your laptop >> ASUS ZenBook UX330UA*? Based on the information available on the website, we couldn't see if the USB ports may work for instance, in DisplayPort* mode to provide video functionality.

Have you checked with ASUS* support that this USB port has the capability to work as a video port or only for data transfer?

5- With the external monitor connected to the computer, please provide a Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers.

6- Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
someone123
Beginner

Hi @AndrewG_Intel

Thanks so much for your reply - it seems the usb-c port doesn't have a video output, so no wonder it didn't work. I have only now realised the laptop has a micro hdmi port - so sorry. I'm sure that port will work fine although if it doesn't I will post on here.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello someone123

Thank you for your response. We understand that you will try the micro HDMI® port.

If you have additional inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us back. We are glad to help.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello someone123

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Were you able to test with the micro-HDMI video port?

Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @someone123

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now.

Our final recommendation is to check this further with your computer manufacturer to confirm the video capabilities of the USB Type C video port and the laptop's support for multi-display configurations.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos