Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Black Screen after update

Changleeyang
Beginner

Hi,

I'm very frustrated with the intel graphics driver provided by my windows update.

my laptop config is as follow:

> HP Pavillion X360 convertible 14-cd0050tx

>4GB ram

>intel 8th gen i3-8130u processor (Kaby Lake)

>Nvidia 2 GB GeForce graphics

>Seagate 1TB SSHD

>windows 10 (2004)

I've recently updated my windows to windows 10 (2004) from (1909) and as soon as the automatic update installed the new update for my intel graphics the screen went blank, I've waited for a whole night but it still remains the same. 

so In the morning, I've forced shut down my laptop then restarted it but the screen hanged on the HP logo which remained frozen.

please I request you guys to provide a clean update for my intel graphics. because the one which Microsoft is providing is utterly useless.

I've also checked in the HP support and Intel drivers download site but the driver isn't installing, stating the os version is not recognized. and there's no latest update for KABY LAKE processor in Intel's website.

I've attached my automatic update history and DxDiag info for reference.

Hence, I kindly request you guys to help me, please.

If there's anything you require to resolve this matter ASAP then do let me know.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Changleeyang, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you I would appreciate if you could confirm the following information:  

1. What is the exact graphics driver version installed that caused this problem at the beginning?  

2. Since you mentioned that the system will not pass the HP logo screen while booting, can you please explain how did you get the DxDiag report and how did you try installing the drivers? Did you try doing that in Safe Mode or were you able to make the system boot back again? Please explain. 

3. What is the exact error code that you get while trying to install the drivers?  

4. Just so you know, for graphics drivers, you can visit our download center, and check for the latest drivers for "Intel® UHD Graphics 620", those are the integrated graphics of your processor, you can check that here under "Processor Graphics". 

5. Based on that, in case you are able to boot the system again, you can try doing a clean installation of the latest HP* first and then Intel® drivers: 

1. Download the latest drivers and save them on the computer. 
  1. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 
  2. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel Programs and Features
  3. Restart the computer. 
  4. Confirm in Device Manager Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 
  5. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager
    1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 
    2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
    3. Click on 'Uninstall'
    4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'
  6. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 
  7. Restart the computer. 
  8. Reconnect to the Internet. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Changleeyang

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to check our previous post. Were you able to perform the "driver clean install process"? Should you have additional concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Changleeyang,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos