Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Black Screen on Intel UHD 630.

EKyse
Novice

All Intel Graphics driver issued at this year turn on my Monitor in Black Screen immediately after installing or rebooting OS.

Looks like PC works normally, I can login in it blindly and interact with it, only Monitor works but shows nothing (black screen).

I've tested almost all Intel drivers that I was able to download, result is the same. Even new DCH 25.20.100.6471 has this bug. Only Microsoft Basic Display Adapter Driver works fine (but very slowly), but now Window automatically updates it to Intel Graphic driver that again lead to this issue.

By the way, I've plugged in my Samsung TV with FullHD 60pHz and UHD 630 works perfectly with them even on the same HDMI cable.

Monitor: Samsung S24E391

Connection: HDMI

Resolution: FullHD

P.S.:

I've also tried this method - https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P0000069DzrSAE

And it didn't help me

I've added info from your SSU.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
EKyse
Novice

As I see from googling, it's widely spread bug in Intel Integrated Graphics. There are a lot of complains in this forum and in others.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello EKyse, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. In order to address this issue, we would like you to try these steps and let us know if the issue persists. A. Check Windows* updates – scan and apply all of them. If possible, update Windows* to RS5. B. Then, install this driver: For Intel® UHD Graphics 630 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 Version: DCH 25.20.100.6471 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28445/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126790 C. Since this issue does not occur on other devices, make sure you are running the latest firmware available for the monitor. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
EKyse
Novice

Hi Wanner,

A. I've updated Win10 up to last updates. Except RS5 because i don't want to risk with "preview" builds. I have updated to 1809 (17763.195) RS5.

B. I've installed DCH 25.20.100.6471 from you link

C. My monitor is not old (it has been manufactured in 2017, 49 week), besides I don't know how to update it's firmware (Samsung doesn't released any firmwares for it). But I've updated BIOS to latest version.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED!

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter Driver works fine.

Intel UHD 630 DCH 25.20.100.6471 shows black screen.

I've checked mode info in Monitor OSD and looks like that both drivers have initialized monitor with the same parameters:

1920x1080 32 bit color.

Horizontal refresh rate 67.5 kHz

Vertical refresh rate 60 Hz

-Vsync, -Hsync

So i think bug is in Intel driver.

0 Kudos
EKyse
Novice

This is new SSU file after OS updating

0 Kudos
EKyse
Novice

Recent news.

Finally I have decided to reinstall my OS.

1. System disk partition was erased
  2. I've downloaded Win 10 x64 ISO 1809 Home Version (Russian localization) from MSDN.
  3. I've installed Win10
  4. System was installed on clean disk, correctly, without errors
  5. After installing and rebooting Windows worked correctly, but soon it has decided to updated drivers from Windows Update Center and installed Intel Graphics drive.
  6. BLACK SCREEN!

I really want to have this bug fixed! How else I can fix it if even clean OS installation with Intel Graphics Driver from Win. Update Center has this bug?

I can give you any required information, please help me with this bug.

P.S.: And Yes, I've tried to install Intel UHD 630 DCH 25.20.100.6471. Result is the same.

0 Kudos
EKyse
Novice

This is SSU from clean Win10 x64 1809 wit all updates and 25.20.100.6471.

By the way, I can not open Intel Graphics Control Panel, even on clean OS! This is second widely spread bug of Intel Driver.

What's going on ?

0 Kudos
EKyse
Novice

Finally it works!

I've attached monitor to other PC with NVidia card and tried to set and reset custom resolution with 72Hz, than I've quickly detached and attached it back to my PC with Intel UHD 630. And miracle! but it is working now. I've rebooted it several times and it still works.

Intel Graphics Control Panel still doesn't worked (it is not started or crashed immediately on starting) but it is not problem for me.

I afraid to change resolution or Vertical Refresh Rate because i think Intel driver will incorrectly initialize monitor again, fortunately it works and it's enough for me.

P.S.: It first time I see such terrible driver as Intel Graphics. All time something doesn't work: it's either Control Panel or Black Screen. Next time I'll think about AMD solutions.

P.P.S: Happy New Year to everybody. Let's have a fun!

0 Kudos