Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Black Screen with HD 620 after 1809 Upgrade

JRüeg
New Contributor I

After upgrading Windows 10 to 1809 on our Lenovo T470, the system only shows a black screen after boot.

I can log in using Remote Desktop, but neither the notebooks monitor, nor an external monitor show the screen. The external monitor's LED indicates a signal though.

The issue can be reproduced with other T470. I tried the newest graphics driver from Lenovo (24.20.100.6286), an older one (24.20.100.6223) as well as the current driver from Intel (25.20.100.6519). To install the Intel driver I completely removed the Lenovo drivers first, so only the Basic Display driver was installed.

With the basic display adapter as well as with an older Lenovo driver (23.20.16.4973) the system works as expected.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JRüeg
New Contributor I

The application ClickShare-Extension-Pack from Barco was causing the issue. After uninstalling the program, the display works normally.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JRüeg
New Contributor I

The application ClickShare-Extension-Pack from Barco was causing the issue. After uninstalling the program, the display works normally.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Hello JRüeg, Thank you for letting us know that information! I am glad to hear that is working. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos