Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20665 Discussions

Black screen after installing intel graphics driver

shyambandla
Beginner

i bought a new i5-8500 processor and installed windows. screen goes black immedietly after installing graphics drivers.

my configuration is

i5-8500

msi vdh plus mother board

zebronics UPS

connecting to samsung 4k tv through HDMI.

32 GB ram

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello shyambandla

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. We understand it can be frustrating to experience black screen issues when trying to install the driver on your system, and we will be glad to help with this issue.

In order to ensure there are no issues at the moment of installing the driver that might corrupt the installation files let's try doing the installation of the driver version 31.0.101.2125 in safe mode while using Display Driver Uninstaller.

if the issue still happens we would like to get more detailed information on your hardware configurations, for that please share with us a log file from our Intel® System Support Utility.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
shyambandla
Beginner

now the installation is successful in safe mood. but now i ran into infinite loading. 

i'm attaching two log files one with microsoft basic adapter and another on is with intel UHD 630 the one you suggested above. please look into this issue . i'm stuck for 3 days on same issue.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello shyambandla

I see you were able to install the driver in safe mode but experienced "infinite loading" issues, Could you please elaborate on the behavior that you see from your side? Do you mean that Windows does not finish loading the desktop when booting?

Based on the log file you shared with us everything seems to be updated, so we would recommend resetting your BIOS settings to default to make sure there are no settings preventing the graphics adapter from working properly.

In addition, from your original post, I see you recently bought this processor, we would like to know if the system was working fine before as well as the processor that you were using.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
shyambandla
Beginner

after the driver update . when i try to reboot pc it's loading forever the dotted circle is on for hours. i even updated bios to latest version. but nothing works. just after graphics driver installation screen going black. 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello shyambandla

Thank you for clarifying the issue. Please let's try the driver that your motherboard manufacturer provides version 27.20.100.8935, these drivers are usually customized and optimized for the specific motherboard so it will be worth trying before we further investigate this problem, make sure to follow the instructions previously provided to do the installation using Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode as with the previous driver.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello shyambandla

Were you able to test the driver provided by your system manufacturer if so is this issue still happening on your system? Please let us know so we can further assist.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
shyambandla
Beginner

not working at all. i ended up buying graphics card

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello shyambandla

I see that you resolved the issue by getting a new external GPU. We are still interested in helping you with the iGPU on your processor so please let us know if you want to continue troubleshooting the issue or if you want to close this thread.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello shyambandla, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos