Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Blurred screen Intel Core i7-1165G7 with Iris® Xe graphics

mariastnv
Beginner

Hello,

I like to report a blurred screen on the internal display on HP EliteBook 1030X360 G8 with Core i7-1165G7(2.8Ghz) with Intel® Iris® Xe graphics and Windows 10 64bit. (S/N: CND1111LTZ, P/N:336L1EA). I tried every possible solution and tool, I have updated all drivers (HP, Microsoft, and Intel) to their latest versions, and there is no improvement. I also tried with different resolutions, but no change. It’s not a hardware problem because the screen is working correctly only with 4k videos – I have a crystal image till I’m playing 4K videos.

Please advise how to proceed!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello mariastnv,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer:   https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

-  https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

3. Have you tried with an external monitor? Do you see the same behavior?

4. Have you updated BIOS and the operating system?

5. Can you send pictures or videos of the issue?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
mariastnv
Beginner

Hello Deivid,

Thank you for your prompt reply!

> Have you tried with an external monitor? Do you see the same behavior? - Yes, I tried. The problem is visible only on the internal display.

> Have you updated BIOS and the operating system? - Yes, that was the first thing to do after all Windows updates. I updated BIOS and all display drivers to the latest versions, according to official HP support information – no change. After that I manually downloaded the the latest driver from Intel site.

I sent requested reports and video of the issue to Intel Support.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello mariastnv, 

We understand you have opened a (chat/email/phone) with us and we will continue to help you through that channel now. We will therefore close this community thread to avoid duplication of effort and the support will continue through the internal case.  

Thank you.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos