Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Both Intel ARC A380 and A770 crash my Windows 11 system frequently

oviano
Novice

My system:

Dan A4 v4 Case
MSI Z690I Unify
i7-12700
Corsair CMK32GX5M2B5200C40
NVIDIA 3070
Seagate Firecuda 530 2TB x 2
Noctua NH-L9i-17xx Chromax Black
Noctua NA-FD1
Corsair SF600

System perfectly stable for months.

A few weeks ago I replaced the NVIDIA GPU with an ARC A380. Straightaway it became unstable, with the screen freezing and the only way around it being to power-cycle the PC. I doubt it would last an hour before this occurred, sometimes sooner. It didn't appear to be related to anything the PC was doing, often happening when idle. I turned off display/system sleep, but the issue still occurred. It happens when using both the DisplayPort and HDMI outputs.

I then RMA-d the A380 and left it a few weeks. In the meantime, I re-fitted the NVIDIA GPU and the system was stable again.

Yesterday I took delivery of an ARC A770 to see if that was any better. Sadly not, the exact same issues are occurring again.

In both cases I used the latest GPU driver, including I have tried the latest BETA driver.

What is going on here, Intel?

I'm particularly interested in the AV1 encoding capabilities of this GPU, which is why I am persevering, but this is testing my resilience.

Is there anything I can do to help diagnose and solve the problem for you?

Resizable BAR is enabled on my motherboard. Anything else I can try? I want to help. I'm a developer, I'm technically proficient, if you need some logs or something just tell me where to find them/how to enable them.

0 Kudos
46 Replies
jemes
Beginner

It's worth noting that Windows 11 does not currently exist. The latest version of Windows is currently Windows 10. Additionally, I'm not familiar with the Intel ARC A380 and A770, as they do not appear to be processors or other hardware produced by Intel. It's possible that you may be encountering a compatibility issue with your system, but without more information it's difficult for me to provide any specific advice. It may be best to contact a technical support representative for assistance with this issue.

0 Kudos
oviano
Novice

Oh dear, who let ChatGPT out of the zoo...

0 Kudos
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

@jemes wrote:

It's worth noting that Windows 11 does not currently exist. The latest version of Windows is currently Windows 10. Additionally, I'm not familiar with the Intel ARC A380 and A770, as they do not appear to be processors or other hardware produced by Intel. It's possible that you may be encountering a compatibility issue with your system, but without more information it's difficult for me to provide any specific advice. It may be best to contact a technical support representative for assistance with this issue.

LOL 😀

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@jemes The OP has posted his question in the proper forum and is being helped by an Intel support engineer.  And, Windows 11 has existed for more than a year.  And you need to familiarize yourself with the ARC product line.   And, you should join this reality as soon as possible.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
deviouswun
Beginner

@oviano I honestly have nothing worthwhile to add to this conversation other than  

"Oh dear, who let ChatGPT out of the zoo..." cracked me the F up! 😂🤣

0 Kudos