Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Brand new Windows 10 install - Core i7-5775C, Iris Pro 6200 driver installation results in computer hang

ABapa
Novice

Computer Configuration:

Motherboard - GA-Z97-HD3 (Z97 Express chipset)

Intel Core i7-5775C processor

16GB RAM

300GB Intel SSD 320 Series

Installed Window 10 64-bit (Version 1511). The install works fine with Basic Microsoft Gfx driver. After first boot Windows downloads Intel Gfx driver (4331) and during install the computer just hangs after the monitor flickers for a moment.

I downloaded the latest driver from Intel site (15.36.28.4332) and tried to manually install it, and get same result: Computer hangs during install after brief monitor flicker.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ABapa
Novice

It turns out the Motherboard needed a BIOS upgrade to version F9. After BIOS flash, Windows 10 is happy with the pGFX driver.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ABapa
Novice

It turns out the Motherboard needed a BIOS upgrade to version F9. After BIOS flash, Windows 10 is happy with the pGFX driver.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello amitbapat,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

I'm glad that your issue has been resolved and thank you very much for sharing that information with us I hope this can help other users of this community.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos