Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Brightness Flickering in Photoshop with dual Graphics cards

ABeec3
Novice

As others have mentioned, there are issues within Photoshop and other creative applications.

When interacting within the viewport of the application, the workspace appears to flicker when performing an action, as seen in this video:

THE PROBLEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TohI4hkNUxA

Discussion of said issue in length:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/creative-apps/26/274833/subtle-flickeringdimming-in-applications/?topicPage=1

My drivers are up to date

The issue is INTEL OPTIMUS

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is the model number of your device/motherboard?

What is your processor model number?

What version of Windows 10? 1903? 1909?

If you are a laptop user, with dual graphics, are you using ONLY the drivers provided by your laptop manufacturer?

Doc

0 Kudos
ABeec3
Novice

System Model XPS 15 7590

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H

Windows Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

I have used the drivers from only my manufacturer, I have tried everything mentioned in my shared post.

You can even read here on the forums about the exact same issue, which eventually goes unanswered:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490XyqSAE/brightness-flickering-in-photoshop-with-dual-graphics-cards-hd630?language=en_US

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

That thread is a year old. And, the recent posts to it are from users with a Dell, just like you.

Dell is responsible for your support and for their laptop. Contact Dell.

Doc

0 Kudos
ABeec3
Novice

The issue is with Intel, as disabling their Driver fixes the issue. There's also multiple other users reporting the same problem from various other laptop manufacturers.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, you have to deal with dell, as they are the integrator and made the laptop. You paid them for support - make them support you on their laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
Lewis-H
New Contributor I

I am having the same issue, I will let you know if I can find a fix.

I tried messing with the intel 3d setting on the photoshop program tab that davescm linked.

a. Right-click anywhere on the desktop and choose the NVIDIA control panel.

b. Click Manage 3D settings.

c. Click Program Settings and add Photoshop.exe and sniffer.exe. Change the preferred graphics processor to Integrated graphics.

Then restart Photoshop. It fixes the pen or clicking stuttering brightness on the canvas but makes it very very slow.

Please let me know if anyone find a proper solution.

Regards,

Lewis

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Contact the manufacturer of your laptop for support of their laptop.

Also, since you have dual graphics, use ONLY the drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer.

Doc

0 Kudos