Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Bug: Halo infinite is very broken on Iris XE graphics.

Pumkii
Beginner

I saw halo was running on some pretty low end machines so I decided to try mine an i5-1135g7 w/ iris xe, figuring the performance would be playable. But I didn't expect the graphics to be so incompatible that everything was black or just kept disappearing when you moved. I'm gonna link a couple of YouTube videos here that show what its doing and to show its not just me and is happening on other systems. My drivers are up to date and all that. not really looking to solve it, but wanted to make sure intel was aware since i didn't find much buzz online about it. Also i know the game doesn't support intel cards but Forza said the same deal worked fine and got performance updates if i remember right. so i thought i would make a post regardless.

Video 1

Video 2 

0 Kudos
24 Replies
bobbarr743
Beginner

And considering that Combat Evolved had issues back in June of 2021 and Intel is just fixing it now, it looks like we could have the same wait to eventually get Infinite fixed, it at all.

0 Kudos
bobbarr743
Beginner

Ah, I also see in the notes that "Minor graphic anomalies may be observed in...Halo Infinite* (DX12)..."  The anomalies are anything but minor, but at least intel is acknowledging that the issue hasn't been resolved yet.

0 Kudos
Eisenhardtttt
Beginner
I already gave up on waiting. I messaged them over and over to push them to atleast prioritize halo infinite since it's one of the biggest games that was released this year and there will be lots of players that use iris xe graphics.

I was actually hyped up yo see that the released a new driver update because they said that they'll fix it upon halo infinite's release. Then I saw the notes and i saw HALO COMBAT EVOLVED. I just shut my laptop off immediately.

It just sucks so bad.
0 Kudos
DMGambone
Beginner

I'm having issues with Halo Infinite as well.  I'm trying to run this on an Asus Vivobook with an i7-12700H (Iris Xe). Total RAM on the laptop is 12GB.

When I originally install the game, I was having rendering issues so I updated the drive to the latest.  However, outside of the rendering issues, it was smooth enough on medium settings. 

Ever since the driver update (along with some other driver updates from Intel for the WiFi and Bluetooth), Halo Infinite is capping at 2-3FPS.  Yes, two to three FPS.  I try to revert back to the previous driver, but it's still running horribly.

XBox game bar is showing the GPU and RAM being maxed.  I've tried to reduce the vram requirement for Halo Infinite by removing the HD textures and it's under 4GB vram.

Any ideas what other setting could be causing these issues?  For a laptop with an i7 (12th generation) and 12GB of ram, I'd think Halo Infinite on medium and low would be no problem, but none of that seems to work.

Is the a Iris Xe issue or something with Halo Inifinte?

0 Kudos