Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

CS:GO aggressive darkening bug on Iris Pro 6200

VNagy
Beginner

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Expected Results:

The game should run without artifacts.

Actual Results:

The first time you play it will be fine. After that it's broken forever. It' like an overly aggressive HDR applied to the game. Everything gets darken to the point where you can barely see things in the dark.

Always (100%): X

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Intel 5675C Iris Pro 6200

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

EFP

Dell U2312HM

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

16GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc<td style="padding: 0 5.4pt; border-width: 0px 1pt 1pt 0px; border-style: none solid solid none; border-ri...
0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Viktor_,

I suggest you to install the latest graphics driver 4474 available in the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26099/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=89174 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26099/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=89174

Use the manual option.

1-Download the zip file of the driver from downloadcenter, unzip and keep file in the desktop.

2-Turn Internet connection off

3-Go to device manager>Display Adapter, right click Intel HD graphics and select uninstall driver (check delete box)

4-Restart the computer

5-Go to device manager>Display Adapter, right click over Microsoft generic driver select Update driver, browse search for graphics folder at desktop (step 1)

6-Restart system and review graphics driver version installed from device manager or Graphics control Panel.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
VNagy
Beginner

Hey Mike,

I've followed the insructions but no luck. The issue is still present.

Best,

Viktor

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Viktor_,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please send me pictures (screenshots) with the current settings of our graphics control panel? I would like to replicate the issue.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
VNagy
Beginner

Hey Mike,

All I can say is the same from the other issue. I can't send screenshots right now, but all of the settings are default, nothing's changed after the driver was installed. Clean Win 10 x 64 Pro, clean Intel driver install, clean game install from steam. Everything is at it's default.

Thank you for your effort, let me know if I can help in anything else.

Best regards,

Viktor

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Viktor_,

Thank you for your update. I am going to test these games in our lab. Please bringing to me 2 or 3 days for an update.

You created 2 threads for this issue. Let's keep using only the thread: /thread/104092 https://communities.intel.com/thread/104092

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
VNagy
Beginner

Hi Mike,

I may had poor choice of words but please keep in mind that these are completely different bugs. This one only affects CS:GO, and it affects the gameplay! The other issue affects all DX9 games but it doesn't interfere with the gameplay. Please update this issue as well.

Best regards,

Viktor

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Viktor_,

Sure, I am working with my upper level on your cases; I will post a update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Viktor_,

Intel is still working on your case. In regards to the issue with Counterstrike: Global Offensive, could you please verify if the settings of the game are set as Intel is recommending at gameplay.intel.com

Counterstrike: Global Offensive

https://gameplay.intel.com/GamesSettings/8601/88095/Intel%C2%AE%20Core%E2%84%A2%20i5-5675C%20Processor%20(4M%20Cache,%20up%20to%203.60%20GHz)

The compatibility issues with DX9 games are still under investigation.

Mike C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Viktor_,

I am following up on your case. Let me know how your games Counterstrike: Global Offensive is working.

Mike C

0 Kudos
VNagy
Beginner

Hi Mike!

I would like to follow up on this issue. It is still present, even with the latest drivers, 2 years later. Same dark image, same weird noise in dark areas, same problems. Is there any hope that it will be fixed? CS:GO is one of the biggest esport game that would actually run great on an Intel IGP if it wasn't for the bug...

Best Regards,

Viktor

0 Kudos