Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Can Intel HD Graphics 520 handle 5120x1440@60Hz via DP?

Bonilla
Novice

Dear all,

I would like to buy a new widescreen monitor (Dell U4919DW) with a resolution of 5120x1440 and I would like to connect my work laptop (Fujitsu E736) to it via DisplayPort. Will my Intel HD Graphics 520 video card (driver version 22.20.16.4836) be able to handle this kind of resolution at a frequency of 60 Hz?

I have already searched on Google with mixed results, as some users are reporting problems, mentioning that the HD Graphics 520 is the oldest Intel graphics card to support such a high resolution. To also note that I won't be able to upgrade the driver version as I have no admin rights on my work laptop.

Many thanks!

Bonilla

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Bonilla,

Thank you for your response.

First, we have to take into consideration that you are using a laptop system, so it is highly customized. Most devices will support any resolution and refresh rate up to the maximum value listed. To find the resolutions supported by your computer and display, check with those specific manufacturers.

If you are using multiple displays in clone or duplicate mode, you can only select a resolution supported by all displays.

Based on your chipset, cable, monitor capabilities, and manufacturer configurations, your maximum supported resolution can vary.

I can provide you with some advice, for example: to set a resolution 5120 x 1440 you will need a graphics driver 26.20.100.7985 or higher.

The processor is also important, to find the maximum resolution available for your processor follow the below steps:

1. Identify your processor. If you don't know your model number, you can use the Intel® Processor Identification Utility.
  2. Visit the product specification site.
  3. Search for your processor model.
  4. Under the Graphics Specifications section, find the maximum resolution supported by the graphics controller included in that processor.

If you will be able to set the resolution 5120 x 1440@60Hz, at the end will depend on the computer's capabilities, even though Intel* support it, the manufacturer may have limitations. In this case, Intel just provides the CPU in stock settings, and we do not have control over any customization that the equipment manufacturer has performed.

So we encourage you to contact FUJITSU*, they can provide you with more specific details about your PC capabilities.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Bonilla,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

I will check this internally to provide you with more accurate information. In the meantime, please provide me with the below report so I can check your system specs:

Please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Bonilla
Novice

Dear Maria,

Many thanks for your offer to help! Unfortunately, I can only run pre-approved software on my work laptop and as a result the Intel tool fails to start. However, I can manually retrieve the information from the system settings, if you let me know what exactly it is that you need.

Many thanks again and apologies for the inconvenience!

Bonilla

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Bonilla,

Thank you for your response.

First, we have to take into consideration that you are using a laptop system, so it is highly customized. Most devices will support any resolution and refresh rate up to the maximum value listed. To find the resolutions supported by your computer and display, check with those specific manufacturers.

If you are using multiple displays in clone or duplicate mode, you can only select a resolution supported by all displays.

Based on your chipset, cable, monitor capabilities, and manufacturer configurations, your maximum supported resolution can vary.

I can provide you with some advice, for example: to set a resolution 5120 x 1440 you will need a graphics driver 26.20.100.7985 or higher.

The processor is also important, to find the maximum resolution available for your processor follow the below steps:

1. Identify your processor. If you don't know your model number, you can use the Intel® Processor Identification Utility.
  2. Visit the product specification site.
  3. Search for your processor model.
  4. Under the Graphics Specifications section, find the maximum resolution supported by the graphics controller included in that processor.

If you will be able to set the resolution 5120 x 1440@60Hz, at the end will depend on the computer's capabilities, even though Intel* support it, the manufacturer may have limitations. In this case, Intel just provides the CPU in stock settings, and we do not have control over any customization that the equipment manufacturer has performed.

So we encourage you to contact FUJITSU*, they can provide you with more specific details about your PC capabilities.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Bonilla
Novice
0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Bonilla,

My pleasure!

I will proceed to close this case; If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.