Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Can't install DCH driver for intel hd p640 on windows server 2019

RKurm1
Novice

Hello. Can you help me how to install DCH driver on windows server 2019 for p630 video card (embedded card in Xeon E-2174G)? as i know it should be compatible, but installer tells me that "computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing software".

Also it works fine with 2019 server and uhd 630 (embedded card in i7 8700K)

9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

If you look at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28991/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?v=t

you will see that the dch driver is not for your e-2174g processor, and that it is only for windows 10 64-bit.

Doc

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello RKurm1,

I would like to know if you need further assistance? 

Esteban Ch.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
RKurm1
Novice

Hello. I still can't install driver on e-2174g but i made it for e-2126g. both on windows server 2019. and i still can't understand what the difference.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The e-2174g does not support DCH, the e2126g does.

Look at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28991/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?v=t you will see that the dch driver is not for your e-2174g processor, and that it is only for windows 10 64-bit.

Doc

0 Kudos
RKurm1
Novice

I'm sorry but i also can't see support for e2126g in your link. where can i find all DCH compatible models ?

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello RKurm1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Could you please make sure that your server system/server motherboard does not have any other embedded graphics controller?

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello RKurm1,

Were you able to check the recommendations provided on the previous post? If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello RKurm1,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
guho
Beginner

I also run Windows Server on an E-2174G and had the same issue. I found this 8th Generation NUC driver, which works on Server 2016 for the P630 embedded in the E-2174G without any modding:

intel-hd-graphics-driver-for-windows-server-2016-for-nuc8i7hnk-nuc8i7hvk.html 

Hopefully it works on Server 2019 as well.

0 Kudos