Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Can't overclock my HD4000

idata
Employee

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility can't see Graphics tuning menu (sorry for my bad eng.)

12 Replies
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi waynebliss,

What version of the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility™ are you using?

Thanks,

-Nic

idata
Employee

Hi nic

I'm not sure about version of XTU (maybe 3.2.0.24)but, I'm sure I used latest version XTU.

Thank you for your help Nic.I appreciate

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

I've got 3.2.0.24 installed on an HD 4000 configuration right now, and I'm seeing both options for manual tuning, as well as specific tab for graphics overclocking.

Can you try downloading the latest from here; http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3483&DwnldID=21743&keyword=Intel+Extreme+Tuning+Utility&DownloadType=Software+Applications&lang=eng Download Center

Let me know if this works.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sorry to say that it doesn't work Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i using acer s3-391 and result is can't overclocking

i5 3317U

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@waynebliss: Sorry for the delayed response. This is most likely a setting that your OEM has disabled, which is why you aren't provided the option with XTU.

@Son Nguyen Duc: Are you using the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility™ and are also unable to see an option for overclocking the graphics core of your processor?

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi , i am witnessing the same problem, but it gives me the option to enable, so i enable it, and then it gives me the option to tune it, so i do, then it disables straight after i click apply. why is this ?

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi Jake. First off, are you using the latest version of the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility for Windows 8? (Here's the link; http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21743&ProdId=3483&lang=eng Download Center)

Also, are you running the display off of Intel® graphics, or a discrete graphics card in your system? If your OEM has disabled the use of overclocking, it may manifest itself differently than other blocked users due to it being from a different OEM.

There is an ( i ) button next to the enable/disable button, as well as an ( x ). Does the 'i' give any useful info?

You might also check your BIOS and see if you can toggle/change the max graphics frequency to something higher than 350 MHz.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
JPier6
Beginner

I am having the same problem as jake. The tuned options just won't apply.

The says: Default: disable, Active: disable, Proposed: disable

0 Kudos
NFabe
Beginner

I am having problems with the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility as well; I can't manually tune, however I have Intel Turbo Boost and everything. I can't control the Manual Tune tool, anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Again, I tried everything. Extreme Tuning Utility is up to date as well.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi Vgrc4life,

Are you trying to overclock the processor or the graphics core on the processor? Are you using a desktop or a laptop? If you are experiencing the same symptoms that Jake was - please refer to my response to him from a year ago.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
MHada1
Beginner

Hi to Everyone

All problems about the Manual Tuning Part with Downloading new Version of Software "Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility" can be Solved.

any body can tell about range of overclocking on

CPU Core i7 3520m

and

Intel Graphic 4000 HD

0 Kudos