Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20454 Discussions

Can't set Active Signal Resolution for AUO G150XG01 V3 (1024x768). Using Intel HD Graphics 500

Joe_Graf
Beginner

I've used this AUO flat panel display on Windows CE, and Windows 7 in 1024 x 768 resolution, which is the only mode it supports.

Now trying to use it on a Windows 10 OS, and I can't set the Active Signal Resolution to 1024x768.

Using the Intel Graphics Command Center, I noticed the only "supported mode" shows as 1920 x 1080. 

Not sure where the bug is, and if I can make a registry mod to correct? Registry does show 1024x768.

Tried Extended Displays, but no difference.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Joe_Graf

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this further, could you please provide us with the following information?

1- Checking one of the screenshots, we noticed it states that "the G150XG01 is designed for industrial display applications". Could you please elaborate more on the "use case/usage scenario" related to this display? For instance, are you developing hardware or software using Intel® Products? Are you working on hardware integrations or testing? Etc...

2- How do you connect this display to the computer? (For instance, the type of cables being used and the type of video input/output connectors on both sides.). Also, are you using any type of video adapters?

3- We understand that you have tested using the "Clone" and "Extended Displays" modes. Have you tested connecting only the AUO display in "Single Display" mode? If so, is the behavior the same or different?

4- Have you tested the display on another system and/or with different graphics controllers?

5- Please provide a Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the link. Make sure the display AUO G150XG01 V3 is connected to the computer when running the report.

6- Please also run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Connect the display AUO G150XG01 V3 to the computer.
  • Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Joe_Graf
Beginner

1- Checking one of the screenshots, we noticed it states that "the G150XG01 is designed for industrial display applications". Could you please elaborate more on the "use case/usage scenario" related to this display? For instance, are you developing hardware or software using Intel® Products? Are you working on hardware integrations or testing? Etc...

Display is used in industrial environment on plastics manufacturing plants. Developing software, actually porting from a Windows CE environment to Windows 10. Same display is used with Windows CE OS.  This system will be used to control plastics molding machines.

2- How do you connect this display to the computer? (For instance, the type of cables being used and the type of video input/output connectors on both sides.). Also, are you using any type of video adapters?

Connection is via LVDS, 8 bit mode. Cable is made in-house for development/testing and is connected directly to the motherboard. No video adapters.

3- We understand that you have tested using the "Clone" and "Extended Displays" modes. Have you tested connecting only the AUO display in "Single Display" mode? If so, is the behavior the same or different?

Behavior is the same in Single Display mode.

4- Have you tested the display on another system and/or with different graphics controllers? 

This display has been used with Windows CE 6.0, and Windows 7.  The processor used on Windows CE 6 system is a S5PV210. 

Why does the Intel Graphics Command Center only show 1920 x 1080 as the only supported resolution for the AUO, as it looks like the correct display type & resolution has been loaded in the registry (1024x768 - Flat Panel Display - MS0003) by the INF file ?

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Joe_Graf

Thank you for your response and for the reports.

Checking the Graphics Report, we noticed it only shows "1920 x 1080 (60p Hz)" as the only Supported Mode. Also, as per the DxDiag* report, the Native Mode is identified as "1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)".

Could you please provide some screenshots from the Intel® Graphics Command Center > Display > General tab and let us know about the options you have available and selected for "Resolution" and "Scale" regarding the AUO display?

Also, if you have several options available under Scale, could you please try the following:

Select a different Scaling mode, then select the correct resolution and refresh rate, then you can revert back to the previous scale option. Please let us know if the behavior is different.

In addition, have you checked if there are newer drivers or firmware available for the AUO display? (.inf files). We recommend checking with the display manufacturer to make sure the software for your flat panel displays is properly up to date.

Finally, we noticed the system is running the latest generic graphics driver from Intel®.

The driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer (OEM). OEM drivers are handpicked and include customized features and solutions to platform-specific issues. In this case, we would like to recommend a clean installation of the graphics driver using the OEM driver from Asus* to discard any potential impact caused by loading non-customized drivers.

Please follow the steps in this article: Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows* (section Uninstall and Install the Graphics Driver) and install the ASUS* VGA driver version 26.20.100.7985.

Once you install this driver, please test the behavior and provide us with a new Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers in case the behavior persists.

Please let us know the outcome of the steps.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Joe_Graf

We would like to add one additional suggestion. We noticed the operating system (OS) is running an older version (19042); therefore, we would recommend updating the OS to the latest version to discard issues due to older versions.

If the behavior persists, please provide us with the details about the outcome of the steps, so we can review this further including the inquiry about the difference between the "supported resolutions" displayed by Intel® Graphics Command Center and the one loaded in the Windows* Registry.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Joe_Graf
Beginner

Updated the Windows 10 to latest version.

Removed display adapter from device manager & removed files on disk.

Reboot with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. No difference from before, just listed 1920x1080 as only supported mode. 

Installed the Intel Graphics Driver from ASUS website.

Version V26.20.100.7985

2020/11/09         339.69 MBytes

Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver V26.20.100.7985 for Windows Win10 64bit---

No difference with this Intel driver vs. the Intel driver ver31.0.102.2111 as far as the resolution of 1024x768 (it still doesn't work). 

The scaling you asked about (SCALE within the IGCC). The HP monitor, allows me to "MAINTAIN DISPLAY SCALING" from the Intel Graphics Command Center. That is how I was able to change the resolution on that monitor. The AUO monitor, when I select "MAINTAIN DISPLAY SCALING",  it will almost immediately revert back to "MAINTAIN ASPECT RATIO" or "STRETCHED" (which ever was the last selection), even with selecting the keep changes button.

0 Kudos
Joe_Graf
Beginner

Updated the Windows 10 OS 

Removed the Intel HD Graphics 500 driver in device manager & off the disk

Rebooted system and the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter was assigned.

This Microsoft basic driver looked closer to the 1024x768 resolution, but looks like about 50 pixels are missing from the far right of the display. See attachment.  Compare this to the older Intel HD Graphics 500 driver from the ASUS website (V26.20.100.7985), this shows about 100 pixels missing from each side of the display and is stretched on the Y-axis. 

I'll post about scaling within the Intel Graphics Config Command Center in the next post. 

0 Kudos
Joe_Graf
Beginner

Scaling within the IGCC , the 2nd monitor HP will allow me to choose the "Maintain Display Scaling" which then allows the resolution that I picked of 1024x768 to be properly displayed on the HP monitor.

The AUO display, anytime I pick "Maintain Display Scaling" the program will within a few seconds go to "Maintain Aspect Ratio", even when the KEEP CHANGES button is clicked on. 

AUO website is not very user friendly, it's awful. I cannot find anywhere to find possible updates for an INF file. 

There was no difference seen between the Intel HD 500 graphics drivers tried.

Windows installed Ver 30.0.101.1340 

I updated to Ver 31.0.102.2111

Then installed ASUS website Ver 26.20.100.7985

0 Kudos
Joe_Graf
Beginner

Sorry about the re-post, I looked yesterday and my post from 9-8 wasn't showing. So broke up info into 2 posts.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Joe_Graf

Thank you for your response and for all the pictures and reports. Also, we apologize for the inconvenience of the forum not showing your previous posts.

Please allow us to review this further and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as more details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Joe_Graf

After reviewing this behavior and your inquiries, we would like to inform you that the Apollo Lake series supports HDMI, DisplayPort* (DP), and eDP natively.

Also, the LVDS implementation is done by converting DP to LVDS and this layer is OEM specific, thus the issue should go through the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) as this signal conversion may be causing the issue setting the active resolution.

In addition, to set the right expectations, it is worth mentioning that Intel is no longer releasing driver fixes for this product and only critical fixes and security vulnerabilities will be addressed in quarterly driver releases going forward. For more information, please refer to this article: Graphics Driver Support Update for 10th Generation and Older Intel Processor Graphics.

Regarding your inquiry about guidance for a Registry key modification, unfortunately, we will not be able to provide suggestions on this matter as we do not assist with registry modifications.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Joe_Graf

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos