Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Can't update Intel UHD 630 graphics driver

suns
Beginner

In Intel support assist it says there's an update available for UHD 630 graphics, but whenever i let it auto-install it gives me the following error. "The driver beings installed is not validated for this computer Please obtain the appropriate driver from the manufacturer". I downloaded the same driver and tried running the setup manually but that resulted in the same error.

This stuck driver has been causing many issues. A lot of BSOD errors, game crashes, and at times windows corruption. I've had to reinstall windows several times and it does not change the error or update the driver properly.

System Specs:

DELL XPS 9570

I7-8750H

NVIDIA GTX 1050 TI

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. It is advised to use the OEM drivers. However if you want to try the Intel DCH driver it must be done first time manually. Follow my instruction how to perform clean installation of Intel DCH Graphics Driver:
  2. Download the latest DCH Graphics Driver Version: 26.20.100.7212 https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29074/a08/igfx_win10_100.7212.exe
  3. Disconnect the internet connection from your laptop.
  4. Open Device Manager and in Display Adapter section, right click on Intel HD Graphics 630. Next, click on Uninstall device and check the Delete option.
  5. After uninstalling this driver reboot your laptop and install previously downloaded driver 26.20.100.7212
  6. Reconnect the internet and reboot your laptop.
  7. If you will decide to downgrade your driver back, to the version form DELL, do this in the same way (i.e. repeat steps 3 trough 6 for the old driver).

Leon

0 Kudos