Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Can't update graphic driver anymore

JHard9
Beginner

I've attached a pdf giving a lot of details. However, I used the Intel Driver & Support Assistant and I get a message when updating the graphic driver saying "The operating system version is not supported for this product". First time I have ever received this. Everything is up-to-date. The Windows 10 operating system and the DSA. I have installed a NVIDIA graphic card recently and the corresponding driver (which is also up-to-date). I don't know if this has had an impact or not. Any help would be appreciated as I try to keep my system up-to-date. Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Download Intel Graphics Driver version 26.20.100.6911 from Gigabyte http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_611_vga_26.20.100.6911.zip
  2. Disconnect the internet.
  3. Open Device Manager and in Display adapters section, right click on Intel HD Graphics 630. Click on Uninstall and check the Delete option. You should see the Microsoft Basic Graphic Driver after uninstalling the Intel driver.
  4. Reboot you computer.
  5. Unzip previously downloaded driver file and manually install Intel Graphics Driver 26.20.100.6911
  6. Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.

Leon

0 Kudos
JHard9
Beginner

When I go to Device Manager all I see is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1160 Ti driver (see attachment). 

I'm totally lost as to how this will fix my problem. The driver you suggested doesn't seem to be the latest and I don't know how it will work with the GTX 1160 Ti. The latest Intel driver appears to be 26.20.100.7212 - the one I can't install.  I don't know which driver I should be using and how to keep my drivers up-to-date using the DSA utility going forward. Will I need to download a driver from Gigabytes every time there is a new driver? How did you find the GB driver so I can do this myself?

Do I need a driver for the NVIDIA card and another driver for the Intel UHD 630 graphics processor?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. The Intel DSA is intended to use with Intel computers, while you have Gigabyte motherboard. So, not always your drivers will be updated correctly using the DSA. Also there are cases that also on Intel computers the drivers have to be updated manually, rather than by DSA. For example this happen when you need to update graphics driver from old standard version to the new DCH version.
  2. Looking at DSA report you have attached, I realized that your Bios is outdated. You have installed first release version F3 , while the latest version is F9b. So, your Bios was updated 6 times already. My advice is first to update your Bios https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-ULTRA-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
  3. Your computer is equipped with 9th generation CPU with integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630. Probably you are not using the graphic capability of the CPU and your monitor is connected to added NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti video card. Could be that the integrated graphics is disabled in your Bios? Therefore you don't have installed Intel Graphic Driver.
  4. However if you decide to install Intel Graphics Driver, check in Windows settings Apps and Futures that there is not Intel Graphics Driver. If there is one, uninstall it first and only then install the DCH driver from Gigabyte site (version 26.20.100.6911) or you may try the latest version from Intel site - version 26.20.100.7212 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29074/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=80939 . If the integral graphics capability is not used in your computer, installing this driver should not change any thing, except that the warnings from DSA will cease.
  5. In the report you have attached, I can see that the Nvidia driver installed on your computer is version 26.21.14.3630, while in Nvidia site I find driver version 436.30 , released on 10/09/2019. https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/driverResults.aspx/151416/en-uk . My suggestion is to download and install this driver.

Leon

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

When you added the nvidia card, it probably disabled the onboard/Intel graphics. Check the bios of your board to see if it allows both graphics concurrently. Or, remove the nvidia card and see if the Intel graphics return.

Contact gigabyte for assistance with this.

Doc

0 Kudos
JHard9
Beginner

Thank you for all the responses.

I did update the BIOS. I do not see any options that allow me to run an integrated graphic driver. It appears that the NVIDIA drivers are the ones that I am using and the Intel drivers are disabled. I don't know that this is a bad option - just one I didn't know about. I am using the so-called studio drivers from NVIDIA that appear to support photo editing. I am not a gamer and do not have any games installed so I elected not to use their game drivers.

Do you think I should uninstall the DSA tool since I have a Gigabytes motherboard? DSA does appear to offer support for Bluetooth and other network components that the Gigabytes site does not offer.

Thank you again - it was educational.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You should still ask gigabyte about the video in the bios. And, yes, uninstall IDSA. It is not intended for your board.

Doc

0 Kudos