Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Can the UHD 630 support 4k/60hz via HDMI 2.0?

NicB
Beginner

If i have a 4k monitor with an HDMI 2.0 port, a motherboard with an HDMI 2.0 port (Gigabyte Z370N WIFI), an HDMI 2.0 cable, will i be able to run 4k/60hz through my UHD 630 integrated graphics? 

Or is 4k/60hz DisplayPort only?

I have a DisplayPort 1.2 port in my motherboard, but that DP 1.2 doesn't support HDR (which apparently HDMI 2.0 does), so i was just curious

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello NicB

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. To confirm this information, please share with us the following:

• Processor model
  • Driver version
  • Windows version
  • BIOS version 
  • Will you use any adapters/converters?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
NicB
Beginner

Sure thing

• Processor model: i7 8700
  • Driver version: For the processor: 10.0.17763.1432 (i think?). For the UHD 630: 26.20.100.7642
  • Windows version: Windows 10 LTSC 2019, Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.2686)
  • BIOS version: Gigabyte / American Megatrends Inc. F10, 18/09/2018
  • Will you use any adapters/converters? No. (unless i need to?)
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

@NicB the processor does support 4k at 60Hz but the max resolution through HDMI is 4096 x 2304@24Hz, you can get the 4096 x 2304@60Hz resolution using DisplayPort only. Processor/graphics specifications:

Also, there are other factors that you might want to consider to get the full resolutions with no issues:

1. Your graphics driver is not up to date
  2. BIOS is not up to date
  3. Windows LTSC might limit the resolutions due to limited drivers available
  4. Intel does not recommend the use of adapters/converters since they could also limit the resolutions the processor graphics can deliver.

Make sure to also confirm with each OEM (Motherboard/Display) that those resolutions will be supported.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@David_G_Intel,

You are correct that the native HDMI support is HDMI 1.4 only. I was presuming that @NicB has a motherboard that utilizes a LSPcon IC to convert from DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0. This is possible considering that Intel's DP 1.2 implementation does include enough DP 1.4 capabilities to support the LSPcon IC converting to a full HDMI 2.0 or even HDMI 2.0a (many of Intel's NUC products took advantage of this). It is also the only way that I can think of that this motherboard could make this HDMI 2.0 claim!

...S

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for clarifying Scott. @NicB let us know if you have any questions related to the previous posts or if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos