Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Cannot assign GPU for chrome, Dell XPS

CYao2
Beginner

XPS i5 8305G version

When i wanna set chrome i find the settings in driver is "Not Assigned" and it's locked so i cannot modify.

My screen blurred twice at least when i was using chrome. The problem never comes up in Edge or close the Hareware Acceleration option of Chrome.

Try different installation sequence and it remains the situasion. Radeon version 2018.0827, Intel version 24.20.100.6286(both the latest i could find)

Here's the screenshot

Here's the supplement. System is win10 professional

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, EclipzZ. Thank you for joining the Intel Communities.

Please provide me with a DxDiag* report. Please follow these steps to generate it:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the .txt file that was generated. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Additionally, please attach a screenshot of the error you are having.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
CYao2
Beginner

Hi I've aready upload the file you asked, and now i found another solution, not in the driver but in windows' settings, where can set the graphic using for softwares.

While the problem in driver is not shooted.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, EclipzZ.

It is worth mentioning that the driver options can be managed by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of your system as their convenience. I recommend you to get in touch with DELL* Support so they can let you know if it is possible to change the controller for Google Chrome*.

Antony S.
0 Kudos