Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Celeron N5105 but cannot select 4k for some reason

Bri1
Beginner

Hey all, I have an Intel N5105 with Intel UHD Graphics, W11 Machine, 16GB RAM, just purchased but for some reason there's no option to select 4k resolution in Settings, even tho I have checked the processor is capable of it, any help would really be appreciated, thanks so much - have attached a txt of my system

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Have you talked to your board/system vendor regarding what they support?

0 Kudos
Bri1
Beginner

No, I havent, its a Chinese manufactured machine, so thought I would first make sure the hardware is present, have checked the specs for N5105, then try this forum

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bri1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

If I may jump into the conversation, I would like to request the following:

• When did the issue start?
  • Are you using a direct connection with a single cable that has the same connection type on both ends (HDMI to HDMI, DP to DP, etc.)?
  • Have you tried using another monitor, port, or cable?
  • Create a report using the Intel® Graphics Command Center:
  • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

It is important to mention that the Max Resolution supported by your processor is 4096x2160 at 60Hz. Checking the report you shared, I noticed that you have an LG monitor that only supports FHD (1920x1080@60Hz). Have you confirmed that your monitor is capable to run the 4k Resolution (3840 x 2160)?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Bri1
Beginner

Hi Jean,

Amazing response to my post, thanks very much. I have ran the report you suggested (attached).

This was a fresh install of W11 on a new desktop, I'm using my HD Monitor as I use this one for work aswell, I had this monitor connected when I first turned on the PC  -  maybe a reason for my problem.

The 4k display I have is a Smart TV which, I did connect the PC to, but I still couldnt find any way of increasing the resolution anywhere above 1080p.

I was using a HDMI to HDMI connection. I guess my PC has to first of all recognise a display capable of 4k, before it will give you the option to use that resolution?

Appreciate your help,

Brian

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bri1,

This time my recommendations and comments are the following:

• I want to request an IGCC report with the 4k display attached to your system.
  • What is the model of the 4k TV? 
  • Try another HDMI cable.
  • Install the latest system BIOS for your computer. Check with your computer manufacturer for the latest BIOS with added support for the larger display mode. Or, check for instructions on how to update the system BIOS on your computer. 

If the issue remains, and for testing purposes, you can try a clean installation for our latest driver from our website 31.0.101.2114 version. sometimes corrupted files from previous installations of drivers can linger on a system which can cause driver updates to not work as expected, even if you try rolling back drivers some residue may be still present and affect your system.

There are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM) or through Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-custom drivers.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bri1,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Bri1,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos