Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Changing Brightness Has No Impact, Screen Flickers at 0 and 100% UHD Graphics 630

Sloreo
Beginner

I have a Gigabyte Aero 15 V8 running on Windows 11 64b

It has a 8750 6 Core i7 8th gen 2.20GHz and an Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

I have replaced the screen twice now and neither has had any change in brightness when changing the setting. Both screens are, according to the manufacture, 144Hz FHD screens. In addition to the brightness not changing when moving from 0-100%, when the setting is at 0% OR 100% the screen flickers indefinitely, it is significantly more intense at 0%. The screen DOES become what should be about 10% brighter when plugged in, but the slider still has no effect on the brightness and the flickering persists at both extremes. 

When Intel UHD 630 is disabled or uninstalled, the flickering goes away entirely at both extremes, but the brightness still does not change at all.

These last two things are what is leading me to believe I have a driver or software related issue, but I have exhausted my limited troubleshooting ability.

I have repeatedly uninstalled both display adapter drivers, being the Intel UHD 630 driver (30.0.101.1191) and the Nvidia 1060 (30.0.14.9709) driver to allow them to automatically be reinstalled; I have manually used both manufacture websites to download the installers for the drivers; and I have rolled back the drivers to the last recommended drivers by Gigabyte. I also recently moved from Windows 10 to Windows 11, and removed the CMOS to reset the BIOS for the sole purpose of seeing if the problem would be solved, nothing has helped at all.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies